Blinking RC and Runtime Errors

I’m work with the 2008 robot controller and currently have all of the lights blinking whenever I turn it on. I can get the program state light to turn solid orange, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten with the lights. Also whenever I try to upload new code with the IFI Loader I get an error

Runtime Error ‘11’:
Division by zero

I suspected it may have been a problem in the code I was uploading had a problem in it, but I’ve tryed several times and it’s always been the 2007 defualt code hex file. The only other possible problem I see would be the difference in the 2007 code being uploaded to the 2008 controller, but I asked that question in an earlier thread and was told I should have no problem as a result of the year difference. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Try reloading the master code. To do so, IIRC, just choose the master code file (I think its name starts with “FRC”) in IFI Loader and download while the RC is tethered to the OI.

I gave it a try but still recieved the same run time error

Runtime Error ‘11’:
Division by zero

Looks like MORT and 229 have been playing pranks again.

This sounds like IFI Loader’s installation is messed up on your PC. Can you successfully load any IFI control system with this PC? Can you try another PC with a fresh IFI Loader installation?

Loading '08 controller with '07 code should be fine, and starting with the pre-built default code is a good idea if you are having problems.