Blue Ridge Brawl - Off-Season FRC Event - September 17-18, 2021 @ Roanoke College, Salem VA

We would like to invite FRC teams to compete at the Blue Ridge Brawl on September 17th and 18th, 2021 in Salem, Virginia. We will be using an official field and playing the Infinite Recharge game. Banners will be awarded to the winning alliance! There are tons of hotels and restaurants close to the venue, which is Roanoke College’s Cregger Center. Load in and setup will be on Friday, September 17th and the full event will take place on Saturday, September 18th.

Opening flag ceremony by VT Corps of Cadets, FTC Expo, FLL Demo, and lots of local press - for our 2019 event, 4 television stations did a total of 7 blurbs on the event…

We hope you will consider joining us!

https://www.shsrobotics.us/brb/

You can register at this link: https://www.shsrobotics.us/brb/register

3 Likes

Randy,

I know the event is still a ways away but given the uptick in VA COVID cases I’m a bit concerned that there doesn’t appear to be any mention of protocols on the BRB site, what precautions will be in place for this event?

1 Like

Preston -

I toured the facility today with Roanoke College staff and one of the topics discussed was Covid-19 protocols. We will follow whatever CDC and Virginia Covid-19 recommendations are in place at the time of the event.

At a minimum, I expect masks to be required, distancing in the pits, sanitization stations, and temperature checks at the entrances. Whether the event is open to the public and vaccination proof is required is being discussed. If the event is open to the public, we intend to limit access to the pit areas and even have a separate entrance for spectators. Team load-in is on the opposite side of the building from the spectator entrance.

Covid-19 or not, this is the nicest facility for an FRC event that I have ever been in! Truly amazing.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Randy Brinkley

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.