Blue Tread

I am going to feel like an idiot when someone links me to this, but where do teams get the blue tread for their wheels.

Most of the blue tread that I have seen is blue nitrile conveyor belting from McMaster. Make sure to select textured belting for incline conveyors. Link here.

-Mihir Iyer

McMaster-Carr.

Keep in mind that there is a black nitrile roughtop tread as well, and it performs slightly differently from blue nitrile tread. If I remember correctly, it’s a bit more resistant to wearing.

My experience has been the other way around. Blue lasting forever and the black wearing out.

We bought ours from McMaster P/N: 5994K711. That is actually the black tread, but you’ll find the blue tread close by.

/

This year my team used the black tread with phenomenal results. Hard to quantify, but qualitatively, we’re never going to use a different type of tread.

As far as the wear is concerned, we noticed a lot of wear early on (practice sessions and such), but as the drivers racked up hours in practice, the tread sort of settled in.

• Sunny G.