Brand New Aces High Logo

Attention everyone! Thanks to Angelica and myself (both on Aces High), we have created a new logo for this year! Check it out.

NOTE: This logo is in PNG format. Therefore, people using inferior browsers such as Internet Explorer will not view it correctly. Instead, try Mozilla Firefox, available at http://www.getfirefox.com

Check the logo out at The Aces High Website, and it will be residing in the upper left hand corner, and also smack dab in the center of the page. :slight_smile:

Nice job looks great!

Ummm…I don’t have anything against IE or Firefox, but IE 6 is doing a fine job on the page.

It doesn’t look too bad in IE, but please consider people using different browsers. I hate it when a site only works in IE, but it’s just as bad when one only works in Firefox.

Nice logo. That’ll look cool on your robot, I hope!

Your new logo is really nice! :smiley:

To further what Greg said, about 80% of the Internet browser market share right now is still ‘owned’ by Internet Explorer. As great as Firefox is, there are a lot of people who use IE only because it comes preinstalled on their machine. They might not even know Firefox exists. Or, since they don’t actually work in website developing, they might not know/care that Firefox is a far better browser than IE. The only thing you can do if to try to spread the word about Firefox.

Try changing the logo to a GIF to help with the compatibility issues. Even though PNG images are far better than GIF images, at least GIF’s render the same in IE and FF.

P.S. This is my first post from my new laptop!

The new logo looks good… but, does it come in a small version suitable for the webring stuff? (if so, I’d like a link so I can update the FIRST Blogs link to your site).

We will work on a smaller version for a link. What size is best for your site?

I like the 88x31 that the previous small logo is; I think that works well since it’s the same size as most of the other webring images (and for that matter the FIRST Top Site counter).

There is a way to make IE display PNGs properly. See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/index.htm for more information. Locking out 80% of browsers it a bad idea, regardless of your feelings about microsoft.

Sorry about the delay, comes to find out I’m NOT subscribed to this thread??? Anyways, the issue with making it a GIF is that it gets all choppy and cuts down on the quality drastically. This is nothing towards IE users, but PNG just happens to look better and shows the detail the way it is meant to be, with the unfortunate side effect of the bluish background (in IE). I suggest using Firefox, but that is the reason it is not a GIF.

NOTE: This logo is in PNG format. Therefore, people using inferior browsers such as Internet Explorer will not view it correctly. Instead, try Mozilla Firefox, available at http://www.getfirefox.com

PNG just happens to look better and shows the detail the way it is meant to be, with the unfortunate side effect of the bluish background (in IE). I suggest using Firefox, but that is the reason it is not a GIF.

I’ll have you know that IE has no problem displaying your PNG. There is no “bluish background”. Any defects in a person’s website (including possible browser incompatibility) are soley the fault of the webmaster.

The graphic looks nice, BTW; very proffesional looking. :slight_smile:

Well, there was a problem with our content management system. When we upgraded to the newest version, it has a feature that if a client connects using Internet Explorer, it will convert the image to a GIF and display it.

Thanks about the logo, it took us a good deal of work this year :slight_smile: