Brunswick Eruption 8 -October 31

ok… so we’re about 2 weeks from competition… can you update the list of participating teams??? and what do we have to change the modem for competition like in other comprtitions (such as regionals, monty, br2, etc.)?

I will be sending out an update in the next few days

be sure tohave your programming laptop,modems and dongle with you. Last week at DoD there were field issues that required them and we want all teams to be prepared

we are sitting at 31 teams. Almost all are registered and paid.

Expect a team contact email this weekend

wc

ok. no problem. we’ll make sure to bring it!:slight_smile:
just wanted to see if our team was on the updated list…
and all the rules for the game will stay the same for competition???
and what is DoD?

DoD = Duel on the Delaware, an off-season event run by teams 365 and 316. It happened last week.

ah. that sounds cool. i might have to tell my team about that.
what kind of field problems were there?

I just sent the team contacts an information packet so look out for it…

The FRC workshops being presented- **open to everybody whether your team is playing or not. **

Admission- any items for the Food Bank food drive

8:45 am Design Process – Team 75

9:45 am Beta Controller Labview – Team 103

10:45 am Beta Controller Java – Team 1089

11:45 am Fundraising, Judges, Awards –
Donald Bowers and Team 75

12:45 pm Mechanical Workshop –Team 75

1:45 pm Electrical Workshop – Team 75

2:45 pm Putting it all together: Mechanical/Electrical/Programming – Team 56

As of today- 31 teams playing.

2 weeks and counting

WC

ok. sounds pretty good. ill make sure to check and see if we got it.
nice heads up on the workshops.
and what is the updated team list???
sad face :frowning:

Can you please post an updated team list?
We’re really excited about this upcoming competition, thanks to all who are helping to put this together!

I so wish I could be there. It’s going to be so weird missing Brunswick Eruption… for the first time in my life! I hope you all have a great time- I’ll miss all my old friends :frowning:

So pumped for a great Halloween at Brunswick. We should have a ton of kids coming along with the new rookie teams who are tagging along. See you all soon. :slight_smile:

Here you are:
4500 -Bergenfield Pre-rookie

Also, please don’t forget about the Food Bank food drive, the workshops that are being hosted by various teams, and the Guitar Hero tournament(GH registration starts at 8 AM)! It’s going to be a fun-packed event. I can’t wait to see everyone there!

Don’t forget to post photos of the Evil Sundaes and their secret ingredients - or at least hints after the event. I loved helping make them evil last year. It was great fun! Actually, I loved the whole visit and am sorry to miss it this year. :slight_smile:

Good luck teams!

Jane

I better be amused by funny costumes. I’ll be sporting this little guy during elimination matches, feel free to give me lots of candy.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-18656478439615_2077_30737551

Well that was fun. I missed the evil sundae though… I heard something about stuffed olives…?

Our alliance managed to get all the way to the finals,
Alliance 7 (1989, 56, 1807) vs. Alliance 1 (2753, 1923, 1302)

Our alliance had a bit of problems, as 1807’s ball collector literally started smoking mid-game, and our orbit ball basket somehow got all bent up and wouldn’t dispense properly, so we had to resort to using defensive maneuvers and super cells as there wasn’t enough time for repairs.

Congrats to everyone who participated!

Wish we would’ve stayed for elims. :o

1989 is a team that came out of nowhere to almost take it! Nothing to diminish their alliance partners, who were all that they needed to be.

Taking the initiative to redesign the robot as practice for the upcoming season appears to have paid off in more than one way: The idea worked in competition (OK, it kinda went kablooey near the end, but until then it was far better…) AND all the newer kids got to understand what it takes to build something - that’ll serve you well come January 9.

Plus, 1989 got to see first-hand just what it will take to go all the way to the finals. I saw a LOT of panic on the team - starting with alliance selection - so you will want to control that at Javits, but you did pull together for the most part.

I also saw some team members who weren’t doing anything, while others were frantic. You need to utilize all of your team members in those situations, and preparation and training of every member in every job is the key. OK, not everyone will be an expert, but anyone should be able to shout to anyone else “Go get a #35 master link” and be completely understood. Work on that between now and January, since you have the possibility of being an awesome team this year - but only if you use the whole team…

Good job altogether!

Don

Hmm…so we’re not the only team who’s had a smoking robot on the field…

Brunswick Eruption 8- The Results

Here are the results of yesterday’s BE8

winners- 2753,1923 and 1302
finalists- 1989,1807,56

Evil Sundae Winner- 222
Alumni Favorite Robot- 768
Mike’s Favorite Award ( mem: Mike Wade)- 1075
Food Drive Champions- 1279
Best Autonomous Mode- 222
Aloha Spirit Award- 1089
Army Strong Robot- 2753
DBAB Smart Play Award (mem: Dave Beck)- 56

Big Kahuna Awards- Bharat Nain and Lauren Aretakis
Filed Ops Juggler Awards- Pete Kieselbach , Mike Nasson and Sara Neid

Thanks to all 33 teams attending for coming out and especially for your patience with us through all the field issues.

Huge thanks to all of the volunteers that helped our event run.

WC

Hey- we have our event in a public school and there is NO SMOKING anywhere on the premesis

Does anyone have a video of the last-second double Super Cell score we made into 768’s trailer? I know some other people were recording the matches. I think it was in QF 2-1.

I was in the middle of recording it but my camera’s memory card ran out of space 2 seconds before we scored…

Some past members of our team don’t believe we actually did it…