Build season wrap up

Well lady’s and gentlemen we have one full day left till we ship our baby’s to regionals.

There has been alot going on during these 6 weeks, alot of stresses and so forth well in this thread i would like people to answer some questions to see how people are doing.

-Give us a little summary of your build season.
-Problems you ran into during build season.
-What does your robot due?
-Is your robot fully functioning, or will work be done at regionals
-Did you meet weight requirements

This is all i could think of so feel free to add

Well i will start with my team

Well it started about 6 weeks ago. We got the game and started right away. Our kit did not come to about 2 weeks in and we were missing half our stuff :ahh: . We couldnt finalize designs so we argued yada yada yada we finally finalized a design and started building. To make a long storry longer… We built the robot with little flaws and we never received any of our missing parts from FIRST we were missing a while pneumatics and sensor bag. WE started practicing on Sunday burned out our fisher price motors in about 1 hour cause they stalled and we didnt know that. So today (2/24/04) our gracious sister team (267) gave us there fisher price motors, so i went and picked them up today and put them in we only had one little problem today that was fixed.

1. didnt get all of our kit
  2. mentors and students always argue
  3. fisher price motors burned out.

we manipluate the 2x ball and hang and how we do that is unique :slight_smile: our pics our on here just look around

As of now yes enlse we break somethign tommorow we will be good

for the most part yes

WEll its your turn go at it and if you have any other questions feel free to post so we can answer them

Well, build season is the same al always lots to do in a little time many long nights and lots of pizza.
WEIGHT we had a problem trying to make everything stay light and function well-What does your robot due?
Collects and holds small balls, 2x ball, goal grabber, and yes we hang
It is fully functional now we are driving it all day tomorrow we just need to tweak our autonomous program then we will be all set
just barley but hey 129.9 is close enough

A few days of design debate led to the decision to dedicate the most effort to a step-climbing lifter. Original concept of skidplates failed, resorted to pneumatic pistons for climbing step (actually works out nicely). We just finished this weekend and have been tweaking, drilling, and cutting this week.

Skid plate climber didn’t work. Solution: Pneumatics

Couldn’t turn for a while. Solution: we had the same problem last year, casters seem to do the job nicely

Autonomous. Solution: uhh…“adaptive strategy”

-can follow line, somewhat
-can grab mobile goal and possibly even pull it
-can push balls, or pretend to
-can uncap, assuming ideal conditions
-can climb step (actually, very well)
-can lift and hang (also, surprisingly, very well)

-cannot cap goals
-cannot track IR

-fully functional with the semi-exception of autonomous…some work still needs to be done there, or we can just wing it

-129.3 lbs as of today

Excellent build season…we are a third year team and this is by far the most complex bot we’ve built.