Bumper hight

My team and I have read::rtm:: the rulebook and we can’t find how high does the bumper have to be from the ground?:confused: :eek:

Look again at the definition of BUMPER ZONE.

Find in INTRODUCTION 1.6 Logmotion Glossary. One inch above the floor and seven inches above the floor.

Your 6 inch bumper must fit in a window of 7 inches off the ground.

Basically your bumper must be 1 inch off the ground.

BUMPER ZONE – the volume contained between two virtual horizontal planes, one inch above the floor and seven inches above the floor.

I’d look at the bumper rules again. Bumpers are not 6" tall.

Then the rule is clearly saying that bumpers may not be lower than 1 inch from the ground or higher than 7 inches from the ground, measured from any point on the bumper. Same as 2010, there was a range.

Almost worth a Q&A, but I thought it was rather clear.

I see no need for a Q&A. The 5 inch bumper needs to be betweent 1 inch and 7 inches off the ground. It can be 1-6, 2-7 1.5-6.5 or any other combination.

From R7
B. The BUMPERS must be located entirely within the BUMPER ZONE when the ROBOT is standing normally on a flat floor, and must remain there (i.e. the BUMPERS must not be articulated or designed to move outside of the BUMPER ZONE).
And…
From Section 1-Introduction (definitions)
BUMPER ZONE – the volume contained between two virtual horizontal planes, one inch above the floor and seven inches above the floor.

A correctly constructed bumper should be a little over 5" high.