Bumper Mounting

This is a solved problem!
http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=11576

You refer to a 2009 post. Remember what they say about past game rules (Something about they stay in the pasture.) Anyway the issue with rivets would if you need to take them off anywhere but your pits might irritate the field people because of the rivet shavings.

Yes, the 2019 rules are the only ones that matter. However-- if we’re to diverge from 10 years of accepted practice in this competition, that change should be clearly and explicitly supported by rules or GDC statements in the QA. So, how do you get to a point where you’d consider making a riveted bumper attachment design illegal via current rules? Sure, via C11 the event staff have the authority and discretion to increase safety by limiting team workspaces to only those specified. But R27 doesn’t specify where the bumpers must be changed. Do you fall back on S1?

I didn’t say that rivets for attaching bumpers were against the rules. Personally I think it is a bad idea, but that doesn’t make it against the rules. R27 about quick removal comes to mind, but maybe not. If I were to inspect a robot with this feature, I would run it by the LRI to make the call or at least so he was aware of it. That is why they get paid the big bucks.