Bumper Rules help URGENT!

can you have multiple layers of cloth on the back of the bumpers?

Thanks in advance

As long as the backing board is still within 1/4" of the frame in enough places or enough distance, I think how much cloth is behind the frame will be OK. The usual caution about it being an unofficial opinion applies. :slight_smile:

Bar,
There is no rule on the number of layers. I assume you are adding layers for strength. If you are using 1000 denier fabric then extra layers are not needed.

But if you’re talking about the few layers that normally happen when the fabric is wrapped on the back to secure it, then just keep it under 1/4" thick and you should be fine.

Not sure if this answers your question or is even relevant, but many teams use bumper wraps that they wrap around their old bumper to change the color from red to blue and vice versa. And that has flown for eons.

Only two seasons. 2010 & 2011

I have been corrected. Should have known better than to assume.

We’ve always made separate bumpers anyways.

It is not legal to reuse previous years’ bumpers under [R18]](http://frc-manual.usfirst.org/viewItem/57#4.1.4). Your wording could have been construed to suggest otherwise, and I wanted to make sure this was clear (since the OP was asking about bumper rules).