Bumper Sticker Tagline

Just lookin for some bumper sticker taglines to go with the bumper stickers that are going to be made (eventually). Any ideas??? Here’s the FIRST of em… jeez, there should probably be a law against using that pun far too often.

  • We we’re here waaay before all those other guys: FIRST robotics. www.usfirst.org

  • Who care’s about a bunch of Stick Swinging Stone Swatters. We want some robot action.

  • Why be last? Try FIRST! (okay, okay, I’ll stick to my day job…)

  • Hmmm… nothings tastier than pure tropicana orange juice. Except maybe the adrenaline rush of having to build a 130 pound, 5 foot high robot in only six weeks.

  • Snap into a FIRST regional or national competition with teams all over the US! Oohhhh yeah!!!

  • No place to put that Nobel Peace Prize of yours? Give FIRST a try…

  • Bah. Olympics Shmolympics. If curling is a RECOGNIZED sport, robotics should be das ÜberSporten.

  • How can you make 6 weeks of your life last forever? In a 130 pound 5 foot high machined piece of art and inginuity that’ll make your neighbors jealous… (hmm… would be great if DeBeers sponsored a team…)

  • We’ve got more zipties and duct tape than you can shake a bosch extrusion at. FIRST robotics. (Teehee, this one gives me the giggles.)

  • Why merely speculate about ginger when you get to hang with the guy who invented it???

  • Forget the force, join FIRST and leave the dark side of society behind.

  • Ligtsabers, drill motors, wheelchairs that balance, programming, engineers with multi-talents, lift mechanisms driven with reinforced nylon strings, if these are a few of your favorite things, join FIRST! (sung to that one tune from THE SOUND OF MUSIC)

That’s all I’ve got for now, any others???

No one is going to read all that. A bumper sticker is almost like a mini-buildboard. The bumper sticker has to be short and sweet. I am making bummer stickers and static windows right now like

FIRST Robotic Team 121
Middletown/NUWC

Its kind of a little bland, but it gets the message across. I am also making fundraising bumper sticker and static windows sheets too. So hey

I am not saying your bumper sticker things are bad. They are very good lines, and Andy’s too. But if you look at buildboards all around the highway, most of them don’t even have a sentence. Just remember you have to make the text big enough so people can glance at it when your at a parking lot or something.

I dont know if you had thought that I intended to put ALL of the sayings on the sticker. But a short sentence would do. I think a fair amount of the one’s I listed would make a quick to read tag-line. Many billboards have a line or two about the product. So some of the more simple ones would probably work. Whatever would fit best on the sticker, I s’pose. The really, really, long ones were just tossed out there to maybe give someone else an idea, and to get all ideas I had at the moment outta my mind.

I always like to think it’s best to think up some of the wildest ideas for something and edit it and/or tweak it to perfection later rather than come up with one idea and not take a look at what else is out there… hey, wait, aint that a slide from Woody’s presentation??? What I’m more interested in is hearing: “I really liked this line. How about shortening it a bit, or changing it like this…” Though I do appreciate the sample that you are working on and the note about drivers not being able to read paragraphs of text on the road.

Then again, arent there people who can make whole business deals on the road using a cell phone? Maybe they’re willing to read a novel or two. :stuck_out_tongue: . I’ll put up a more simplified bumper-sticker, which with merely the FIRST logo and a tagline, it will probably be reduced to a small window sticker.

How about some of these? Some would need to be added to the logo and/or the text “FIRST Robotics”.

My other car is a FIRST robot.

Prove that you really are smarter than your parents, join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Your gear ratio or mine? Follow me to a FIRST Robotics meeting.

Robots R’ Us.

Embrace your inner geek. Join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Warning: I stop at all FIRST Robotics Competitions.

Got CAD?

Join a FIRST Robotics Team… nose rings and tatoos optional.

C’mon, all of the cool people are doing it… join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Re-wire you head. Build a FIRST robot.

Join a FIRST team, build a robot, go to Disney… 'nuff said.

Warning: FIRST Robot builder on board.

If you toucha my car, my FIRST robot will breaka you face. (OK, maybe this one is a bit too much.)

Your kid is an honor student? Well, mine builds competitive robots. So there.

Robot on board, baby at home.

…anyway, there are some ideas.

Andy B.

Now that’s the stuff!!! You’ve just inspired some new designs, Andy. Thanks. Anyone else wanna put a hand in???

Are those the tag lines from the T-Kat Recrutment signs/posters?? (i havent looked at them yet)…and if they arent would any of them work…(if so i’ll find them and look, then post):smiley:

I like these 2 i just thought of

got FIRST? (maybe got first robotics?)

and

Before there was steel boxes there was carpet and maize.

Andrew

Here’s two
Keep Honkin’, I’m gettin’ my robot ready. (sorta like the keep honkin’ i’m reloading sticker)
Think you can’t out do your parents? Build a robot.
Just a couple quick ideas.
I really liked these:

  • Who care’s about a bunch of Stick Swinging Stone Swatters. We want some robot action.
    If you toucha my car, my FIRST robot will breaka you face. (OK, maybe this one is a bit too much.)
    Anyway, just $0.02 more.

*Originally posted by Andy Baker *
**How about some of these? Some would need to be added to the logo and/or the text “FIRST Robotics”.

My other car is a FIRST robot.

Prove that you really are smarter than your parents, join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Your gear ratio or mine? Follow me to a FIRST Robotics meeting.

Robots R’ Us.

Embrace your inner geek. Join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Warning: I stop at all FIRST Robotics Competitions.

Got CAD?

Join a FIRST Robotics Team… nose rings and tatoos optional.

C’mon, all of the cool people are doing it… join a FIRST Robotics Team.

Re-wire you head. Build a FIRST robot.

Join a FIRST team, build a robot, go to Disney… 'nuff said.

Warning: FIRST Robot builder on board.

If you toucha my car, my FIRST robot will breaka you face. (OK, maybe this one is a bit too much.)

Your kid is an honor student? Well, mine builds competitive robots. So there.

Robot on board, baby at home.

…anyway, there are some ideas.

Andy B. **

andy, i’m going to have to steal all those quotes.:stuck_out_tongue: those are really cool. i think i’ll make a t-shirt with a bunch of quotes like that.

Some great ones guys…though I have to agree with Kyle on this. For bumper stickers, we need to keep to the Chief Delphi mantra, of “Simplify” Some of these are great quotes, but really - would be too long and make a bumper sticker too busy IMHO. But then, Robby, are you thinking about combining these phrases with graphics? If so I’m worried about too much going on in one small space. If not, you might be able to get away with more words.

Just a thought.

~ lora

ooops…forget that last question in my post, I forgot to look at the last post in the other thread first… :eek:

~ lora

*Originally posted by Lora Knepper *
**Some great ones guys…though I have to agree with Kyle on this. For bumper stickers, we need to keep to the Chief Delphi mantra, of “Simplify” Some of these are great quotes, but really - would be too long and make a bumper sticker too busy IMHO. But then, Robby, are you thinking about combining these phrases with graphics? If so I’m worried about too much going on in one small space. If not, you might be able to get away with more words.

Just a thought.

~ lora **

who needs bumper stickers, when you can do a whole car-wrap

http://www.freecar.com
i wonder if FIRST would wrap some cars… it’d be cool advertising.

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**Are those the tag lines from the T-Kat Recrutment signs/posters?? **

Clark,

You are correct. About 1/2 of these are on our TechnoKats recruitment flyers.

I’ve been saving these up for a while… in another life, I wanna be in advertizing.

Here are some more:

Visualize World Robotics

Phooey on the whales, save a robot.

Mean robots suck. (or inhale audiably - sp?)

Andy B.

Well, I got three words for ya: Es Pen Seeve! Check out this web site about them:
3M’s Info on adhesive prints

The damage runs from 8 to 20 bucks or more a square foot. So while it would be neat to have, it’s kinda expensive (though you can count on me saving my pennies to get a FIRST car wrap!). But we could always just have an over-sized FIRST logo, maybe 2ft wide by 2 1/2 feet, and if a lot of people wanted one, they may drop the price. Yet another idea on the promotion of FIRST…

Had this been a year ago i would have had acess to the skools sticker making machine. It cuts vynil (SP??) and printed on the white stuff. It cuts up to 2 feet wide i think. If anyone saw our pit we made our banner from that machine and all of our logos for our robot. But now there is a new teacher and hes not as nice as the old teacher so i cant use it because im not in the graphics class :frowning: owell thats the past, does any other schools have acess to a machine like this??

Andrew