BunnyBot Scrimmage 2009 Announced

Version 1.0 of the rules and plans for this year’s BunnyBot competition are now on the regional website .

The BunnyBot Scrimmage is a fantastic way to get new members of your teams up to speed before the hectic FRC build season begins. BunnyBots is a low pressure, down home event which many students prefer… especially when just starting out. I like it because students are still building a full size robot with the same tools you’d use for FRC.

There is no charge to enter the BunnyBot Scrimmage and you can enter more than one robot if you like. It’s held Saturday Dec 19th 10:00AM-4:00PM at Catlin Gabel School in Portland. We had ten teams last year and it was a blast. At the coaches meeting last weekend we counted 16 robots likely to enter this year. We have room for around 20 but it’s first come first served. As soon as you know you’ll be taking part, send me an email. That way you’ll be added to the distribution list and get updates and tournament news.

For space reasons, the Portland BunnyBot Scrimmage is open only to teams in Oregon and SW Washington. We’d be delighted if teams in other areas would host their own tournament. Those interested should let me know so we can share logistics and score keeping software.

Cheers,
Dale Yocum
Head Coach, Team 1540

For Oregon and SW Washington teams: Below, by popular demand, are the teams participating in BunnyBot 2009 THAT I KNOW OF. If you aren’t on the list and should be, or the number of robots is wrong, please let me know ASAP. It would be sad for a team to build a BunnyBot and then find that there’s no room for them at the Dec 19th scrimmage!

The details of this year’s BunnyBot Scrimmage are at www.oregonfirst.org/regional-event/bunnybot-scrimmage/. If you are considering entering, but haven’t yet decided, let me know. We’ll close registration on November 1st or at 20 robots whichever comes first.

For those outside of our area, let me know if you are considering hosting your own BunnyBot scrimmage. We have operational details and software that will make your job easier.

Team - Robots
Tualatin 2002 -1
Camas 2471 -1
Catlin Gabel 1540 - 4 (we’ll scale back to 3 if needed)
Cleveland 2733 - 2
Lake Oswego 2635 - 2
Jesuit 2374 - 2
Crescent Valley 955 - 2
Skyview 2811 - 1
CAL 1571 - 1
Meeks 2411 - 1

Total on Oct 10th = 17

Cheers,
Dale Yocum
dale@yocum.com
Team 1540

The latest version of the rules are now on the web at http://www.oregonfirst.org/regional-event/bunnybot-scrimmage/. Rules about robot naming have changed. Changes are in red in that document.

Teams currently registered (and the number of robots each) are:

Tualatin 2002 - 1
Camas 2471 - 1
Catlin Gabel 1540 - 3
Cleveland 2733 - 2
Lake Oswego 2635 - 2
Skyview 2811 - 1
Jesuit 2374 - 2
Gresham 2542 - 1
Crescent Valley 955 - 2
CAL 1571 - 1
Oregon City 2550 - 1