C++ New Update: V27 for cRIO

Hey Yall, I just thought I’d be a nice guy and let you know there is a new update to WindRiver over at FIRST. Choose the one with a very low number of downloads, it includes V27 for the cRIO.

Do you have the exact link to the page?

http://firstforge.wpi.edu/sf/go/projects.wpilib/frs.wpilib_c_version_11_0_for_2011_f
go for the one with a low number of downloads

In the description of the download it doesn’t mention the actual cRIO image v27 itself. Do you know where that is?

It does for me…

This update contains a new cRIO image (v27). Be sure to update your cRIO with the new image before deploying any programs built with this update.

Hmmm, I didn’t notice that.

Problem is I’m using java and there is nothing saying anything about the new image in the java update. I guess I will go over to the java portion and search there.

Thanks guys for the help!

It’s included in the java update also.

Description:

1. Updated to new image (v27)
  2. Fixed a port allocation error in Counter class
  3. Added support for using an Encoder object as a PIDSource to a PIDController. Select either Distance or Rate as the source parameter.
  4. Added SPI Class developed by Peter Johnson.
  5. Implemented ADXL345_SPI Accelerometer.
  6. Improved doxygen comments in various places.
  7. Added the DoubleSolenoid class for directly supporting double action solenoid devices.
  8. Prevent the CANJaguar class from crashing based on a NULL MotorSafetyHelper being dereferenced in the case of an error on construction.

This update contains a new cRIO image (v27). Be sure to update your cRIO with the new image before deploying any programs built with this update.

+1 for a DoubleSolenoid class, make sure to implement this!

This is my 5th year to participate in FIRST. Every year I marvel how so many updates (software, firmware, rules) occur during the short six week build period. It’s week 4 of the build season. What does that mean? Firmware updates! Hurray!

I can imagine the verbal exchange during one of the other 46 weeks in the year.

• Okay, the software and firmware changes are ready to go. I guess I’ll make them available for download.

• Hold on there fella. That’s crazy talk! If you do that now, what are we going to do during build season?

We are also not seeing the CRio image in the Java distribution (FRCNetbeansDist 4.12.zip).

Did you install the update? It’s not in the zip file directly, it’s hidden inside one of the .nbm files and will be available after you install the update.

Yes.
We installed all of the nbm files directly via the plugin manager since we don’t have network access at school on our development laptop.
There is no sign of the FRC_2011_v27.zip file anywhere on the file system and the cRIO imaging tool still refers to FRC_2011_v25.zip.

No.

The update is only applied properly during a clean restart of NetBeans, and we had failed to do that properly.

Moral: Make sure you “install” the plugins then close down and restart NetBeans.

After you install the plugins, you should able to search your computer for FRC_2011_v27. Hook up your robot to to the cRIO image tool and and then should FRC_2011_v27 listed. Chose and download.

We figured it out :yikes: ya if you are connected to the repository then it updates both the code and the cRio image. The v27 update should be installed here: c:\Users\user\sunspotfrcsdk\cRIO_Images

We just reimaged our cRIO with the newest update and tried to deploy the code. After going through the basic initial stuff and connecting to the correct IP, the output read

Waiting for cRIO to reboot (1s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (2s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (3s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (4s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (5s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (6s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (7s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (8s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (9s)
Waiting for cRIO to reboot (10s)

until we stopped it at (56s). We don’t know why this happened… any ideas?

but one question though, what happen to FRC_2011_v26, I mean at first it was FRC_2011_v25 but then it skipped to FRC_2011_27?

Hello, i downloaded the update for C++ but I cannot find the update anywhere in my downloads folder

does that mean we need java 12.

These image versions are reflective of their internal development, public releases quite frequently ‘skip’ ahead versions.

This isn’t an issue with the update itself, make sure you’re saving it to the Downloads folder from your browser.

This thread is about the C++ workbench update which includes a new version of the WPILib and a new image for the cRio that any teams using WindRiver should apply.

Details on the Java update released on the same date,
http://firstforge.wpi.edu/sf/frs/do/listReleases/projects.wpilib/frs.wpilib_java_update_for_2011_frc