C#

Well I downloaded Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Beta 2 today (for those interested, it’s a free version and I definitely recommend you try it out) and so far the learning curve has been minimal. Now I’m stuck on a problem, and searched Google and everywhere else but theres really no good sized, active C# forums. Does anybody know of any? In the meanwhile, I might as well post my question here.

I am trying to enable a timer by pushing the left button on the keyboard. I used MSVC#'s Method Creating tool, so I know the method declarations are right… but it’s not working. Here’s my code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace Simulator
{
    public partial class frmMain : Form
    {
        public frmMain()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void tmrRobot_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            pictBot.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(100, 100);
        }

private void frmMain_KeyPress(object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e)
        {
            tmrRobot.Enabled = true;
        }

}
}

I find www.codeproject.com is a valuable programming resource. Although I don’t pay any attention to the toy language C#, I know they have a lot of code samples for it and there’s probably a forum.

Thanks, for anyone interested I found the problem. I also had a button on my form, which was taking focus away from it. On frmMain I had to set KeyPreview to true, so that way the keypresses are sent to the form first, not the button.