Call out: Martial Artists!

This is a Call Out to all those robo-heads out there! Who of you also takes a martial art? If so what art, and how advanced are you?

I take Tae Kwon Do, but in reality we are an MMA school. Instead of just kicks, we do everyhting across the board in fighting styles.
I personally Compete in NHB competitions whenever they are held at local TKD schools.

So who else is out there?

I take martial arts

Goju Ryu karate - Shodan (1st Degree black belt), assistant instructor for kids classes
Jujutsu - Shodan (1st Degree black belt), 2nd degree test soon :ahh:
Iaido (Japanese sword) - 3 kyu
Kung Fu - starting soon :stuck_out_tongue:

The only martial art I’ve taken is Karate, and I quit that five years ago after I got my black belt. There was a period for about half a year where I self-trained, but I dropped that due to me not caring anymore.

I took Karate. I took Shorin-Ryu Shidokan for 8 years. Unfortunately, I got a shoulder injury and had to quit. :frowning: I never got my adult black belt due to this… I was on my way to testing though…

~Zara~
Team 1676
Pascack PIoneers

I used to take karate, but I had to quit because no one would drive me to classes. Now I take kendo, but I’m only 2 levels up and about to take another level test tomorrow. I’ve been training for about half a year so far.

Black belt in Tae Kwon Do. That was in september of '04 :frowning: I’m am sort of retired.

I’m a 7th gup (yellow belt with orange stripe) in Tang Soo Doo. I would be an orange belt (6th gup) but couldn’t test because I was at a Robotics competition and I hadn’t been able to go to class much because I was at Robotics! Go figure…:stuck_out_tongue:

I used todo Jiujitsu until I moved. I hold (held, I guess) a blue belt. Hopefully I’ll start again sometime.

Righton. There’s a good Gracie school on El Camino, about a 15 minute drive from where you are. They’re pretty good. However, if you want to learn standup, there’s a nice MMA and boxing school at Fairtex on Old Middlefield in Mtn View… I did a bit of training there, before going solo due to lack of time.

Wow, talk about thread revival…

Same boat… kind of. Advance Green belt, testing out at Tang Soo Doo for Brown belt after Atlanta. After I get my brown belt, I’m quitting and moving on to a different Gym that me and a few friends are going to go to. This other gym has it’s own cage (Octagon) and you can basically call anyone out and fight them in the cage basically whenever. They also do a lot of grappling (What I’m weak at, I’m much much better at striking).

In my new Gym (they actually have their own MMA team that goes to tournaments), I’m gonna practice combat Sambo and fine tune my striking as well. I gotta catch up on my ground work, though.