calling all prediction accounts

But I need to see the results!

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=2672

Tight race right now, tied 0-0.

Edit: Still a tight race, I like being wrong is winning but No could catch up

Where’s the compulsory mention of corndogs?

Right there. ^^^^^^

A hot dog is a sausage sandwiched between halves of a roll of bread. Case closed. Move along.

We will not sit idly by and let your facts get in the way of our narrative.

Source

Wikipedia sources:

1. “Hot Dogs Chain Store Basis”. Los Angeles Times. 11 October 1925. p. 18.
  2. “Anniversary of Hot Dog, Bun.” (PDF). Binghamton (NY) Sunday Press. 29 November 1964. p. 10D.
  3. Zwilling, Leonard (27 September 1988). “Trail of Hot Dog Leads Back to 1880’s”. New York Times. p. A34. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
  4. Lavin, Cheryl (24 September 1980). “Hot dog! 2 mustard moguls who relish their work.”. Chicago Tribune. p. E1.

I don’t think there’s any obscurity here, hot dogs are clearly sandwiches.

I mean, the predictors are voting 4-0 in favour of yes, so…

They may be right, but they’re still wrong.

They are clouded by east coast bias.

Isn’t the saying… #WeAreNE… which makes it #ECBC

#ECBC = East Coast Bad Coast, right?

I personally prefer the coast in my user title.

I’m not a predictor, so I haven’t voted, but presuming that by a “hot dog” you mean a lightly spiced sausage inserted into a bun, then yes, it is meat between bread, and therefore a sandwich. As it turns out, I had a similar conversation with a co-worker recently. I had purchased a “smoked sausage sandwich” from a barbecue truck at our work site. This sandwich featured about 8 ounces of sausage and 2 of bread, and I commented (not as a complaint) that this was pushing the definition of a sandwich pretty hard. He raised with a “pastrami sandwich” he had purchased at the Carnegie Hall Deli which had about a pound of meat and perhaps only one slice of bread.

Personally, I don’t consider a sandwich to be properly complete/balanced unless it has similar amounts of meat, bread, and fleshy fruit/vegetables (Tomatoes, sauerkraut, and mango salsa all count, as well as a few other ingredients). Therefore, IMHO, a hotdog with bun is officially a sandwich, but not a GOOD sandwich unless it’s covered in a deep stack of sauerkraut and/or relish. (or if I’m not concerned about any traditional values but just personal taste, tomatoes or mango salsa or pineapple).

A quality hot dog on a warm bun with a tall stack of sauerkraut and a nice dash of brown mustard is OH SO SANDWICH.

I like the west coast as much as anybody (3620 and 1918 are two of my favourite teams), but I gotta say this isn’t very nice. Not everybody can be on Lake Michigan.

Scurrilous lies.

Prediction card revoked!

If a sub sandwich can be a sandwich (meat between sliced bun) why can’t a hotdog be a sandwich?

Hotdog is processed meat, it is usually served with buns. It is not a sandwich, okay?

We at the Platter have decided to abstain from this poll as the only food worth discussing is cheese.

Cheese is mold between wax. Down with big sammich!