camera problem

Hey!!!

My friends our camera dosen’t work I don’t know why I can’t watch the image in Dashboard and I can’t see the green light in the focus, the problem is I can’t move the robot (encoder dosen’t work, Fisher Price and relay) I think the problem is the camera but I don’t know why, Please Help me

Thank you:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you connected the camera directly to your computer and tried to access it via a web browser as described in the control system manual? Did you run the camera setup utility to add the “FRC” user (with a password of “FRC”)? Did anyone change its IP address to something other than the camera’s default?

The green light was the vision target in 2006 and 2007. This year the target is just a black circle with contrasting white on the inside and outside.

The camera should have no effect on any other sensors (like encoders) or actuators (like Jaguars or Spikes).

our camera doesn’t work either when the dashboard is controlling the robot. works fine when directly connect to a computer. we’ve tried pretty much everything.

Hey thank you but I have the next question, Could be a problem with some update??? I have the first update but I saw today a new update 02/15/2010 could be it problem???
THANK YOU !!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you install all of the first update, exspecailly the DriverStation Update? We did not get any images at first until we install the Driver station update right. Also check your ethernet cables to see if they are loose. We sometimes had communication errors due to the plug beign loose in the game adaptor.

Hey thank you but I have the next question, Could be a problem with some update??? I have the first update but I saw today a new update 02/15/2010 could be it problem???
THANK YOU !!!

If you did not uninstall the driver station when asked if you want to during installation of the first update, the camera did not work. The new update you should not need to uninstall anything, and the new update is mandatory.

hey I am downloading this update
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1534

but I found this http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1535

both are new update??? I need install it???

PD: Two days ago the robot was working very good…
PD; Could send me the link with new update.

Thank you

Thank you:confused: :confused: :confused:

The first link is a Labview update, which you need to install even if you are using Java or C++. The second link is the driverstation update. It is suppose to overide and fix issues in the first update. It is also a mandatory update.
Therefore the answer is yes you need to install them.

PD: Two days ago the robot was working very good…

Do you mean the camera was working for you on the DS two days ago?

Yeah the camera, Fisher price and Solenoids was working two days ago, now only I can move the motors with jaguars.

Thank you!!:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Unless maybe something went wrong in the wiring(ie. blown fuse) or someone changed something in the program they were not suppose to, I am unsure what could stop some devices from working all of a sudden. Sorry couldn’t be of more help.

We have found that the camera only seems to send live video to the dashboard when “enable vision” is enabled in the program. Also make sure the camers is connected to the cRIO with a crossover cable (like the pink one in the KOP).