Can FMS do 7 alliance round robin?

I couldn’t find an answer for sure yet so I thought I’d ask here for folks that have experience with the FMS. I’m entertaining the idea of a 7 alliance round robin for an Off-season event and was wondering if the FMS can support generating this 21 match semifinals schedule.

This would potentially allow the maximum number of playoff matches for each alliance and could make it more fun.

1 Like

I believe FMS only supports 6. However many FiM offseasons have run round robins with 4/5 teams and basically created their own setups for it and ran the round robin matches in Test mode.

1 Like

The easiest way would be to create the playoff schedule with eight alliances, making alliance eight made up of fictional teams 9997, 9998, and 9999. These three “test teams” would have to be added in event wizard after qualifications [so they don’t get placed in real qual matches] and then assigned together as their own alliance. Then during the RR tournament you would give each team a “bye” when they faced alliance eight, automatically bypassing those seven matches [run the filler matches during a break after alliance selections, using the team bypass feature and override match times to under ten seconds and manually entering a winning score for the real alliance], thus reducing it from 28 played matches to 21 played matches + 1 “unplayed automatic win” [aka “bye”] for each alliance when versus alliance 8.

1 Like

FMS doesn’t support 8-alliance round-robin either, though - only 6-alliance round robin. (But that would be a great approach if it was supported.)

1 Like

For some reason I thought it defaulted to eight for RR but it is six.

Looks like to do seven, you’d have to run the matches in test mode and manually build a RR bracket in a secondary application and still build it as eight but as I suggested above with a single “bye” for each team.

1 Like