Can somone explain the fouls being called?

What fouls are the refs on the far side calling starting at 1:15. I am very confused by the call at 1:28. Final 2 - 2022 Aerospace Valley Regional - YouTube

2 Likes

I think 6989 had 3 cargo in the robot. It looked like one extra one fell into it around 1:38 mark. That I think is the call at 1:28 on the near side.

The call far side at 1:34 is 3647’s intake being out, you can see it being retracted.

edit: I’m using the match time (not the video time). Just to be clear.

edit2: I think most all the later penalties were just the 3 cargo in 6989. Around 0:40 they shoot out all three.

5 Likes

ahh, I did not see the 3 cargo, thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

Sometimes things are just a bit phantom looking.

Like we had a match where the HP toss a cargo in teleop, and I had to watch several times before figuring it out.

This was even harder because it didn’t appear it could hold 3 cargo and it went in pretty far.

6989 had 3 cargo for the majority of the match (G403) which escalated to a yellow card (blue box, example b). The referee was flagging the penalty so the team would understand they were in violation of G403.

1 Like

Sorry a bit late but I was the driver of 6989 :))
Basically, I was playing defence on 5199 and a cargo just fell in perfectly to fit in our shooter. No one saw that coming and it was a quite awkward moment seeing 3 cargos coming out from our shooter. Yeah a total deadass moment :smiley: We were really confused how did we get 3 cargos, I knew that I only got 2. When we rewatched the finals we bursted out loughing how exactly the cargo fell inside. It was a little painful getting eliminated like that and in the Blue Alliance, there is 0 points at our alliance side. Still tho it was peak comedy haha.

Hope this has been helpful.