Can you run Autodesk/Solidworks on 64 bit?

Hey can you run Autodesk/Solidworks on a 64 bit PC? We first tried solidworks and that wouldn’t run.

Solid works wouldn’t start ~ and the Autodesk says “32 bit”. According to Autodesk you can run the Professional edition on both ~ can I run the 32 bit version on a 64 bit computer?

The reason, is our best computer on the team is a 64 bit Laptop, and we are unsure on how to run it. The Laptop is owned by a team member, and he is unsure if his parents want him to “Dual Boot it” or not.

i know that autodesk inventor has 32 and 64 bit versions because i just downloaded the full 32 bit for free with a school email ([email protected])

so you could try that too

SolidWork Student Edition will not be available for 64bit until summer 2009.

Yeah it does but First website only has 32 bit for some reason.

Help?

Not sure if it works or not at this point, but on your FIRSTbase download screen, you should see a link as shown within the bold red box below.

I am still in the process of downloading the MASSIVE file (please note that the file is 8,874 mb, about a six hour download for DSL users!

I hope that this is beneficial to you, and I will post again if the download doesn’t work!

Firefox users can CLICK HERE for the file download! :slight_smile:

I have the 64bit inventor running on a 64bit vista laptop for a few weeks now (I did have some install problems but no problems with running it).

What version of SolidWorks are you running?

I’ve been using SolidWorks 2008 in a XP Pro x64 virtual machine for several weeks now without any issues. It’s certainly not as fast as running natively, but its reliable and it gets the job done. In fact, I’ve yet to have SolidWorks 2008 crash once in my XP x64 virtual machine, something it did annoyingly often on my Vista Ultimate 32-bit partition (I blame Vista :p).

We were using the “Student Version”.

I’m going to hope that the autodesk 64 bit works though.

Just as an update to my earlier post…the link DOES in fact work on the lower half of the FIRSTbase page, but I will warn that it is an 8.7 gb compressed ZIP download, and it takes my system over an hour and a half to extract the whopping 14.5 GIGABYTE FILE! The software is VERY intensive and demanding (they recommend 6gb ram), but if you are relying on FIRSTbase as your only source for Inventor, then this is your only option! But as I said, the download and install is nearly a twelve hour project on 64bit systems, but it works!

Just as a side note…I am running 1.5mb/sec DSL, an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.20 Ghz, and 4 gb ram on Vista Premium 64bit edition…

But sorry for the delay on my post, and GOOD LUCK!