Cant afford a Segway? Rent one

/me wants to rent one :smiley:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/05/16/segway.rentals.reut/index.html

$20 for 30 mins isn’t half bad at all. My only problem is that what if you want to rent it for the day if it’s nice? Like you rent it in the morning, glide to work, park it, ride it back then turn it in the evening. That would be practical.

They should charge by the mile.

*Originally posted by JosephM *
**$20 for 30 mins isn’t half bad at all. My only problem is that what if you want to rent it for the day if it’s nice? Like you rent it in the morning, glide to work, park it, ride it back then turn it in the evening. That would be practical. **

It’s not?

I understand return on invesment and things, but yikes. . . that’s really expensive for everyday use. If I have to spend a day in the city center running errands and things, I couldn’t ever afford to drop $60 or more on renting one of those things.

I didn’t want to open a new thred, so thought I could get some input in here… does anyone actualy have the statistics on these things?
I have been really thinking about buying one. How many people really own these? Or is it just organizations like police, etc. Can you get insurance on them for theft (just an example as I noticed it in another thread).

If you have any info. please share. Thanks.

*Originally posted by weedie *
**I didn’t want to open a new thred, so thought I could get some input in here… does anyone actualy have the statistics on these things?
I have been really thinking about buying one. How many people really own these? Or is it just organizations like police, etc. Can you get insurance on them for theft (just an example as I noticed it in another thread).

If you have any info. please share. Thanks. **

Segway wont give out numbers on how many they have sold… but Amazon.com said it outsold Digital cameras in the holiday season.

You can get insurence for them… If you remeber a long time ago I posted a pic of a insurance comapny right near FIRST that had a big sign the said. WE INSURE SEGWAYS. If not here it is. BTW IT MADE IT INTO PC MAG!
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/2/0,3363,sz=1&i=20452,00.jpg

I didn’t want to open a new thred, so thought I could get some input in here… does anyone actualy have the statistics on these things?

If you have any info. please share. Thanks.

Well it’s actually fairly wide-used. If you wanna meet and talk to some of the owners www.segwaychat.com is a great place to hang out. I’m trying to save up money for one too but I have no income…so yeah, seeya!

Heh, our local Sciencenter here had a raffle to win a Segway for $20/ticket … too bad I forgot to enter :stuck_out_tongue: