Cant connect to the robot and upload code at all

Cant connect to the robot at all.

It straight up just cant find the “robot” from what I can see

Task :discoverroborio FAILED
Missing Target!
=============================================
Are you connected to the robot, and is it on?
=============================================
GradleRIO detected this build failed due to not being able to find “roborio”!
Scroll up in this error log for more information.

I have connected to the robot in the sense ill connect to the wifj bit and the ethernet bit. I’ve tried re imaging the roborio but it doesn’t show up when I go to click it. i have turned off the fire wall completely still nothing can anybody help?

1 Like

and yes, it is on. ive been at this for a couple of days

are you able to ping the rio’s ip address?

1 Like

What version of WPILib are you running in your code (Check the first few lines of the build.gradle file)? What is the RoboRIO firmware image version on the robot you are deploying to (Use the RoboRIO Imaging tool to check this)?

1 Like

You need to scroll up higher for the useful information

1 Like

Have you tried to use an USB cable to connect directly to the RoboRIO? Can you see the RIO this way?

1 Like

If the roboRIO imaging tool can’t find it, you’re unlikely to be able to deploy code. Is it a roboRIO 1 or 2? Assuming it’s a 2, you followed the procedure to image the SD card? What are the LEDs on the roboRIO doing?

1 Like

I literally cant put up the rest of the error info, it keeps showing “403 error” and “draft is offline”

googled both of those, couldn’t find anything

1 Like

id “edu.wpi.first.GradleRIO” version “2023.4.3”

source and target compatibility are JavaVersion.VERSION_11

1 Like

I like your funny words magic man.

I followed a youtube video I found, whether or not I ended up doing what you describe is unknown to me. Do you have an article or tutorial that can show me the steps to do this? or is it just really obvious once you open up the re imaging tool.

Im currently at home and don’t have access to the bot so ill have to look at the LEDs once I’m back

1 Like

how do I do that

1 Like

I havent, whenever I googled how to push the code it told me to use the “radio” (I think, the little white box with the wifi thing) or do it with ethernet

Ill try this

1 Like

sorry I’ve been spending too much time around network engineers :upside_down_face:

as an alternative, does the Communications light in driver station turn green when you connect to the robot’s wifi network?

Also, can you build robot code locally?

If you haven’t already taken a look at this wpilib page, it’s got some good info on what you’re trying to do:

If you haven’t follow this procedure, do so: Imaging your roboRIO 2 — FIRST Robotics Competition documentation. I’m guessing you have a roboRIO 2, if not this doesn’t apply – but at the top of this article is a link to the procedure to do this for a roboRIO 1.

1 Like

Try using the USB B port on the Rio instead of ethernet. See if you can get a connection that way. When you configured the RIO after the imaging did you set the team number?

I know it’s pretty foolish, but make sure the firewall is disabled. I know you said you already did it, but this has happened to us before where the computer said its off but it was still somehow active

Make sure the button at the bottom in the diagnostics tab (the firewall one) is green

1 Like

We had something similar happen last night where it was a VPN client that we couldn’t disable causing us to be unable to connect. Uninstalled it, problem solved.

1 Like

The last part sounds like it could be a Chief Delphi or internet issue on your end. Can you try again? Or can you upload a picture of the full error message instead? The details earlier are the most important part, and it’s hard for us to give you accurate advice without them.

1 Like

There’s a lot that has to be correct for deployment to work, which is why there’s lots of posts in this thread requesting additional information. What Gradle outputs above that error message is a critical data point for figuring out what might be wrong, as it provides info that can check off several of the items below.

• Good network connection between computer and RoboRIO (Ethernet, or USB [Windows only])
  • If connected via Ethernet, compatible IP ranges between computer and Rio
  • RoboRIO powered
  • RoboRIO imaged with compatible image version (unconfirmed) to project WPILib version (confirmed 2023.4.3)
  • RoboRIO team number set to same as project
2 Likes

I had emailed myself the error so I could have it saved somewhere

1 Like