Cant deploy Project on Mac OS

I’m currently writing code on my Mac book. Usually I can deploy the code with out any errors, but since an hour I get this message:

Task :discoverRoborio
Discovering Target roborio
admin @ roborio-6417-FRC.local: Failed resolution.
Reason: TimeoutException
Discovery timed out.
admin @ roborio-6417-FRC: Failed resolution.
Reason: UnknownHostException
roborio-6417-FRC: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
admin @ roborio-6417-FRC.lan: Failed resolution.
Reason: UnknownHostException
roborio-6417-FRC.lan: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
admin @ roborio-6417-FRC.frc-field.local: Failed resolution.
Reason: TimeoutException
Discovery timed out.
admin @ 10.64.17.2: Resolved but not connected.
Reason: JSchException
socket is not established
admin @ 172.22.11.2: Resolved but not connected.
Reason: JSchException
socket is not established
1 other action(s) not started.
Run with --info for more details

> Task :discoverRoborio FAILED
Missing Target!
=============================================
Are you connected to the robot, and is it on?
=============================================
GradleRIO detected this build failed due to not being able to find "roborio"!
Scroll up in this error log for more information.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':discoverRoborio'.
> A failure occurred while executing jaci.gradle.deploy.target.discovery.TargetDiscoveryWorker
   > Target roborio could not be found at any location! See above for more details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 3s
6 actionable tasks: 4 executed, 2 up-to-date
The terminal process "/bin/bash '-c', './gradlew deploy  -PteamNumber=6417 --offline  -Dorg.gradle.java.home="/Users/gianlaager/wpilib/2020/jdk"'" terminated with exit code: 1.

My colleague with a windows Bootcamp can deploy the same code normally via a usb cable that’s connected to the RoboRio. I have restarted the robot, my laptop and tried to deploy with a Ethernet cable but that didn’t work as well. It can’t be the project because I’ve created a new empty project and tried to deploy it. I’m currently using WPILib 2020.2.2. I’ve also tried to run the build command with --scan witch didn’t provided me additional output. (it actually did see edit)
The actual project was created under windows and in git I see a wired message that something has changed but it didn’t find any changes when I tried to deploy it under my Mac.

What can I do?

EDIT
The --scan gave me this link Build scan | Gradle Cloud Services I didn’t know that I had to accept the licenses

Connecting via USB only works on Windows. Connecting directly to a Rio using an Ethernet cable depends on how the networking is configured on both the laptop and the Rio, and also usually requires mDNS (aka Bonjour). By default, the Rio is set to DHCP/Link Local addressing, which means it tries to automatically get an address. However, it’s also possible to set it to use a static IP. Your computer can be similarly configured, and the two need to match for direct tethering to work (e.g. if the Rio is using DHCP/Link Local, your computer also needs to use DHCP/Link Local). I’m not sure if Mac enables Link Local by default, that would be one thing to check. To check the Rio settings, you can use a Windows machine with a USB tether and open a web browser to 172.22.11.2.

2 Likes

It does :slight_smile:

Thanks that explains it. We are currently having problems with our router that’s why I tried it that way. But I think, I now found the problem.