Can't deploy to robot with Gradle SparkMax dependency error

This compiling error came out of the blue when working on our code. Here’s the full error from VS Code:

Now, for the firewall issue mentioned in the error, we checked and sure enough it was blocked on the school filter, so we managed to find a way to download the file mentioned in the link, but we were not sure how we were supposed to import these drivers manually. Did anybody else have this problem? We haven’t been able to deploy any new code with this issue.

See the offline installation instructions here: SPARK MAX API Information - SPARK MAX (except it has a typo for Windows, it should be 2021, not 2020).

We tried this but unfortently nothing changed from the error.

We fixed the issue. We tried using a private hotspot instead of the school internet and it worked.

Ah, it appears the download link links to the wrong version (1.5.2 instead of 1.5.4). I’ve submitted a PR so hopefully it should be fixed soon.

I am having a similar but different problem. I am in the process of converting our 2020 code to 2021 using the Imported. Everything was going well until the SparkMax dependency. I’d appreciate any insight into this problem. This is on Ubuntu 20.04.1 I am getting this error when building from my home connection (no firewalls):

Could not determine the dependencies of task ':jar'.

Could not resolve all files for configuration ‘:runtimeClasspath’.
Could not resolve com.revrobotics.frc:SparkMax-java:1.5.4.
Required by:
project :
Could not resolve com.revrobotics.frc:SparkMax-java:1.5.4.
Could not get resource ‘http://www.revrobotics.com/content/sw/max/sdk/maven/com/revrobotics/frc/SparkMax-java/1.5.4/SparkMax-java-1.5.4.pom’.
Could not GET ‘https://www.revrobotics.com/content/sw/max/sdk/maven/com/revrobotics/frc/SparkMax-java/1.5.4/SparkMax-java-1.5.4.pom’.
Certificate for <www.revrobotics.com> doesn’t match any of the subject alternative names: [.mybigcommerce.com, mybigcommerce.com]
Could not resolve com.revrobotics.frc:SparkMax-java:1.5.4.
Could not get resource ‘http://www.revrobotics.com/content/sw/color-sensor-v3/sdk/maven/com/revrobotics/frc/SparkMax-java/1.5.4/SparkMax-java-1.5.4.pom’.
Could not GET ‘https://www.revrobotics.com/content/sw/color-sensor-v3/sdk/maven/com/revrobotics/frc/SparkMax-java/1.5.4/SparkMax-java-1.5.4.pom’.
Certificate for <www.revrobotics.com> doesn’t match any of the subject alternative names: [
.mybigcommerce.com, mybigcommerce.com]

So I was able to ‘resolve’ this issue. Not exactly sure what root cause was, but I closed the 2 instances of VS Code I had open and restarted the ‘Imported’ one. Then went to manage vendor libs, uninstalled the rev robotics dependency and reinstalled it on-line. For whatever reason, the build was successful.