Can't Find Event Logging in Driver Station Log File

We added the code for event logging based on this documentation. When reviewing the log file using the Driver Station Log File Viewer, we don’t see the commands logged. We did change the filter to show all events and still didn’t see any commands logged.

I expect we are missing something simple. Is there another configuration step that is required? Thanks for any tips!

Can you show your code? Ideally as a link to github. I suspect it’s just a misunderstanding about what this docs page is saying vs what you’re trying to do.

Here is the start of the code block where we add event markers.

This is a feature explicitly for Shuffleboard and is not related to the Driver Station. See this pull request about additional details. Add mechanism to control Shuffleboard recordings and add event markers by SamCarlberg · Pull Request #1414 · wpilibsuite/allwpilib (github.com)

1 Like

That provides some help as I’m no longer confused why we don’t see anything in the Driver Station Log File Viewer. How do we view these event markers? Are they only visible when viewing a recording? I’m not sure where to look or what widgets to add to Shuffleboard to see them…

I just tripped over these event markers and was curious to see how they’re displayed. I see the PR (https://github.com/wpilibsuite/shuffleboard/pull/538) for the Shuffleboard says UI elements will follow, I didn’t see anything except Export event markers to csv by SamCarlberg · Pull Request #558 · wpilibsuite/shuffleboard · GitHub which provides a way to export from CSV.

Would these be roughly akin to writing a string entry via the new DataLog stuff?

1 Like

Did you ever find an answer to this question. I also have the exact same query from the exact same source code and was about to post the question CD when I came across your post.

I ran the Scheduler Event Logging example in simulation, started shuffleboard, started recording, pressed some buttons, stopped recording, and exported the recording to CSV and got the following. It doesn’t appear to have logged the instant commands, though.

Timestamp Event Event Description Event Severity
9705 Command initialized Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
10061 Command interrupted Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
76642 Command initialized Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
76839 Command interrupted Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
80001 Command initialized Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
80277 Command interrupted Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
82539 Command initialized Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
82681 Command interrupted Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
84502 Command initialized Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
84682 Command interrupted Wait 5 Seconds Command NORMAL
1 Like

I did not. We moved to AdvantageKit for all our logging, including commands. It’s amazing.

2 Likes