capacity of certain regionals?

Posted by Mike Kulibaba.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #88, TJ², from Bridgewater-Raynham Regional and Depuy, a Johnson and Johnson Company.

Posted on 10/17/2000 11:18 AM MST

we have all seen the update from FIRST about how many spots are still open at certain events. then I thought to myself that in order to see how many teams actually signed up for each I needed to know what the total capacity of each regional was. So I looked under the competition dates and locations and got the numbers. Now if FIRST used the numbers they used on that page some things struck me.
First, Hartford has 52 teams going to the regional, was that the same amount as last year cause I thought it was smaller then that.

For the New York City regional, it says that 47 spots are open. On the competition date page it says there is a capacity of 52, does that mean only 5 teams have signed up for New York City?

For the Midwest Regional, there are 47 spots open, the page says the cap is on 56. Does that mean that only 9 teams have signed up for the usually packed Midwest regional?

I think the problem with the regional from NYC is that it is the same weekend as New Jersey and with New Jersey being a good regional that many teams from the Northeast and NJ go to I don’t think NYC has too many people going to it right now. But with NJ filled up maybe that won’t be far behind. It is still early. Good luck

Kuli team 88

Posted by Andy Grady.

Other on team in limbo from in limbo sponsored by in limbo.

Posted on 10/17/2000 4:33 PM MST

In Reply to: capacity of certain regionals? posted by Mike Kulibaba on 10/17/2000 11:18 AM MST:

Here is something interesting i noticed

National Championship Orlando, FL Apr 5-7, 2001 141 spots left…huh wha!!! when did first start limiting teams goin to the natioinals???

Posted by nick237.

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Posted on 10/17/2000 7:23 PM MST

In Reply to: Very very interesting… posted by Andy Grady on 10/17/2000 4:33 PM MST:

Your right Andy. I thought all teams could go to the Nationals, wouldnt it be interesting if EVERY team registered with FIRST sudenly found the funds to go to Florida, where is the over flow going.
Possibly FIRST could hold the finals at the citrus bowl then every one could go and even sit in the shade?
The team party could be held on the fifty yard line.
nick 237

Here is something interesting i noticed

: National Championship Orlando, FL Apr 5-7, 2001 141 spots left…huh wha!!! when did first start limiting teams goin to the natioinals???

Posted by Ken.

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Posted on 10/17/2000 7:55 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Very very interesting… posted by nick237 on 10/17/2000 7:23 PM MST:

So… what’s the numbers of team going to National if it is full?

Posted by Jason Rudolph.

Other on team #459, , from University of Florida/Eastside High School and .

Posted on 10/17/2000 8:44 PM MST

In Reply to: so what’s the limit? posted by Ken on 10/17/2000 7:55 PM MST:

In actuality, in the e-mail sent to the team reps by Lori Ragas from FIRST on Monday, there are 192 registered for Nationals, and there is NO CAP on the teams attending.

Jason Rudolph

Posted by Samuel Lindhorst.

Engineer on team #240, Mach Vee, from Jefferson High School and Visteon.

Posted on 10/17/2000 9:20 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Very very interesting… posted by nick237 on 10/17/2000 7:23 PM MST:

: Your right Andy. I thought all teams could go to the Nationals, wouldnt it be interesting if EVERY team registered with FIRST sudenly found the funds to go to Florida, where is the over flow going.
: Possibly FIRST could hold the finals at the citrus bowl then every one could go and even sit in the shade?
: The team party could be held on the fifty yard line.
: nick 237

I thought the Orange County Convention Center would be great… It’s huge, and right on International Drive.

Sam