CD forum don't have space for more pictures?

Last time I talked to Brandon, I was informed that there’s not much space left for much more pictures, which is why I haven’t posted my large amount of pics I took at Silicon Valley regional and southern california regional (about 300~400 of them)…

If that is really the case, where else can I upload the pictures?

Which lead to my questions, how do teams manage their gallery on their web page?

In know at least in here, the gallery is organized into General robots, regionals, nationals, and other pictures… And in firstrobotics.net it is a big list of pictures in team number in order…

So, what do people think is the best way to host picture on a web site, where people can easily go in and look at what they want?

For a temporary solution, would people mind if Brandon was to put 2001’s pictures into thumbnails like 2000 is already?

[sarcasm]I’m sure he’d LOVE to go through and weed out useless old stuff stuff cause he has SO much time[/sarcasm], this would probably free up some space quickly…(the thumbnails)

Although I don’t know what kind of data transfer allotment Jason has on the server he’s hosting FIRSTrobotics.net, I would tend to say that’s the best option since it’s an already established photo site.

That said, if people are finding the layout of text links on the site to be a pain when navigating, I’m sure there is a way to modify things… but then, here I go talking for someone else :slight_smile: Jason, get your rear in here so I’m not talking for you!

~ lora

http://www.theforumisdown.com/upload/upload.php

What is that Jordan?

Would it just be possible to burn all the 2000/2001 stuff to a CD (compact disc not Chief Delphi :stuck_out_tongue: )???

Also there are quite a few repeats of people in the “Who Am I” gallery.

It allows you to upload images for forums.

http://theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/040102/DSCF0357.JPG

*Originally posted by AdamT *
**For a temporary solution, would people mind if Brandon was to put 2001’s pictures into thumbnails like 2000 is already?

[sarcasm]I’m sure he’d LOVE to go through and weed out useless old stuff stuff cause he has SO much time[/sarcasm], this would probably free up some space quickly…(the thumbnails) **

Most of the time theres 100megs of database backups and i just go nuke one of those 20 meg files and we’re ok for space for a day or two…

I just have to delete some older less-robotics-related images, and make the backup system work a little better, and i think we’ll be ok to have the current and previous season’s images online.

im sure we’ll figure something out.

*Originally posted by Ken Leung *

Which lead to my questions, how do teams manage their gallery on their web page?

In know at least in here, the gallery is organized into General robots, regionals, nationals, and other pictures… And in firstrobotics.net it is a big list of pictures in team number in order…

So, what do people think is the best way to host picture on a web site, where people can easily go in and look at what they want? **

Our picture gallery is at http://www.invisiblerobot.com/robotics/
One of our engineers took all those pictures. And MissInformation, she took qutie a few while Erik was off pretending to do work.
Its hosted on his friend’s dsl. At least, that is my understanding.

As to organization, they are on there by date they where taken. If he could, he put discriptive titles, but most are just “Building Robot”. So far there are about 4,000 pics last I checked. They are all medium sized at ~40k a pic, so that works out to approx 160 meg. I hope my math is right.
Erik, correct me if I am wrong.