CD visits in a Day?

So i’m now addicted to Cd for a while now. Whenever i get back home, First of i sign on my AIM/MSN accounts and then i log on to CD. Not only that, even at work after the rush hour i come back to my work station and log on to CD (luckly the only site which is not blocked by my company filter :rolleyes: ).
Other than that, i visit CD every other hour if i’m home. Just wondering how often do you guys visit?

Just out of no where, pelase do mention that if this addiction is a good thing or a bad thing? (I think it depends but still)

I believe my post count is self explanatory. :smiley:

In the morning before school roughly 6:30 now, after school 2:45, late afternoon 5:30, after dinner 7, night 9:30 & 10:15. So roughly 6, sometimes the 9:30 & 10:15 ones blend together and form a large block.

lol… :smiley: . i can see. the post was already there even before i posted the poll

I usually visit once around 3ish afterschool, then maybe 4-5ish, then I have dinner and get back on. On the weekend I’m on continous. :smiley: (Well almost, from about 9am-2pm then 10pm-keel over asleep I am, for 2-10 I usually go to a friend’s house to hang out) During build I’m almost never on, if there was a graph of my activity, it’d show a constant 1-2ish posts per day from the point at which I joined to build, a steep drop to .3ish for weekdays, 8-9 for the weekend, then slowly up to almost 3 for a while, then a spike to 4-5.

I don’t feel right if I don’t at least have a CD tab open. On school breaks, I’m on from when I wake up until I go to sleep. And during school, after school until sleep. CD is my homepage, and my active desktop content, so I see CD as soon as I log on with out waiting. But I wont post from the active desktop :). (Its called active desktop in 2000, in XP it’s web under Display Properties, Desktop, Customize Desktop, Web Tab)

I visit between 5 - 15 times a day, depends on the day.
I can be on here for an hour or just several minutes just to see if there’s anything interesting going on. :slight_smile:

I usually just leave CD open when I go to school. This way, I can come home, open up my laptop, and hit refresh. I actually check CD in the mornings, usually around 6:30-ish and during my last period of the day, so 2:00-ish.

I guess saying I just stay logged on is the closest to what I actually do. I’m subscribed to the RSS feed. Periodically my news reader software will check and see what’s new at CD (and a bunch of other sites I follow) and present me with headlines. Whenever anything looks interesting I take a further look at the thread and subscribe to it if I find it interesting.

I follow 136 different feeds this way (including some daily comics and not-often-updated blogs of friends); there’s no way I could keep up with so many sites without RSS/Atom feeds.

And yet, he still has no WAI. :rolleyes:

Anywho… as for me, 10+ probably.
Same reason. Just cause I only have 2.x or 3.x posts per day average… doesn’t mean I only check it 3 times a day.

I am on alot, it is the first thing in the morning after the news and email reading, at least every 1/2 hour at work, and as long as I am at my home computer browsing a tab with CD in it is always open.

It helps me keep up on what is going on, and as a mod to make sure everything is in line.

I check it out around 15 times a day. Twice when I wake up, twice at school (4 times if we have meetings and uncountable during build season), and around 7 times at home from evening to night.

I’m on Chiefdelphi whenever I have access to a computer equipped with the internet. I stay logged in, and I usually check it 12+ times a day while at home. I’m constantly refreshing the page and using the “new posts” search function. :slight_smile: It’s set as my homepage, and I always have it open in a tab if I’m doing something else.

Before I leave for school in the morning, I’m on from 5:50 - 6:10, and as soon as I get home, I’m on for the rest of the afternoon/night. My post count may not reflect how many times I peruse CD per day, but I’m always up to date with the latest happenings.

In the offseason (like right now) I will check ChiefDelphi 3-5 times a day, but I stay logged on CD on both of my computers. During the build season, if I don’t check CD every two or three hours, I will easily become inundated with the sheer amount of new posts to read through. :wink:

I usually will come on to CD a couple times after I get home from school, and then after 7, I watch an hour or two of CSI, I get on CD for a few hours. I voted 5-10 because I visit 2-5 times a day and then spend a few hours in a row on later in the evening. It does vary, however.

If I’m bored on the internet, I just…impulsively click back to Chief…so more than 30.

I’m usually online 3-5 times a day, when I’m home all day. When I’m doing something else on my computer and the Gmail Notifier tells me that someone has replied to one of my subscribed threads, I usually stop what I’m doing and visit CD.

By the way, if you really want to see how much you visit CD, in comparison to other people, check out the site stats here . Click on ‘Full list’ in the Hosts section, and see how far your hostname is from the top (it’s ranked by pages viewed since the beginning of the month).

During the school year when I am almost always near my computer, I check it very frequently, about every hour. During the summer, I forget about CD a lot and only check it 3-4 times on a good day, and sometimes I will go a day or two without checking it :ahh:, however I have been working on that. :wink:
Eric

I’m on about 3 times a day. Around 9 in the morning because of my online physics course (ugh :mad: ). Then around 5 in the afternoon before I start my homework, and after homework from 9 to 12 at night. When I’m on ChiefDelphi, I’m clicking nonstop. So much to learn, so much fun. :smiley:

I am often on after I get up at 8am then if I come home from work for break then when I come home from work at 9pm and often I get online at 12:30am til 2am or later.

somebody, likely a spider though, is on and views likely everything at ip address 200 dot 243 dot 11 dot 132, they only show as an apache server, no index file apparently.

Although they might just be copying Chiefdelphi as I have on occasion.

-Mike