CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #167

It’s a good thing I can’t think of a pun that goes with 167.

Here are the scores:

EricS-Team180    28
lukevanoort    27
Travis Hoffman    26
boiler    25
EddieMcD    24
KathieK    21
rocketperson44    18
Greg Needel    18
GaryVoshol    18
JaneYoung    17
Rich Wong    13
cooker52    13
InfernoX14    13
BlondeNerd    12
Don Rotolo    12
skimoose    11
Al Skierkiewicz    10
raymaniac    10
kramarczyk    9
Pavan    9
EricH    8
joshsmithers    8
Nuttyman54    8
Libby K    7
Koko Ed    7
Alexa Stott    6
Andy Baker    6
Tim Delles    5
Hiteak    5
Dave Scheck    4
Kristian Calhoun    4
MissInformation    4
Schnabel    4
"Big Mike"    4
Alex Cormier    4
Bcahn836    4
Cynette    4
Otaku    3
Barry Bonzack    3
Bharat Nain    3
Jay H 237    3
Michelle Celio    3
Tottanka    3
artdutra04    2
dhoizner    2
KTorak    2
taylort    2
Danielle H    2
Jeremiah Johnson    2
SSMike    2
wpdrummer    2
114ManualLabor    1
65_Xero_Huskie    1
andrew348    1
Dorienne    1
Goober!!!    1
JBotAlan    1
Jessica Boucher    1
KelliV    1
Steve W    1

This week’s picture is a bit of a doozy. It has actually, I kid you not, been planned for three months in advance. (That’s before BattleCry, even.)

Why, you ask? Because the subjects of this week’s contest are celebrating an anniversary on Tuesday. Their 25th wedding anniversary, to be exact. And what better way to celebrate it than with a good captioning?

Here’s the picture:

Imgur
-Infinity to anyone who turns this into an aww thread. :wink:

As always, the deadline is most likely Saturday at midnight EDT.

Go!

“Now how exactly do i build a robot to cut this awesome cake? Could use the globe motor with a knife on it? maybe the Fisher Price is better here? WAIT! do we have enough goggles for all the guests? I’m not getting married without safety goggles!”

“I wanted to use a Sawz-All… but she wouldn’t let me.”

“How did you get the cake to come to us?”
“I had an R/C car pull it.”
“Why didn’t you use a robot???”
“What’s that?”

(circa 1982)
“To think that someday, most people will have powerful computers smaller than our wedding cake named after everyday objects like fruits or pieces of architecture”
“Nah. That wont happen till the year 2050”

Chris and Karen -
forming a winning alliance that will see them through the coming years as a FIRST class couple, rolling with life’s challenges and cheering life’s joys - together.

Congratulations and all the best to you two. :slight_smile:

Wait a minute, what’s KarenH doing with Bill Walton?

knife breaks It’s okay honey, I brought back up grins

Honey, when we opened the gifts, did I see a box labelled “Robot Controller”?

Ah, little did the happy know that in a few short years there would be another reason, besides the honeymoon, to lock themselves away for weeks on end…

FIRST Build Season! :yikes:

“awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww”

hmm.

Chris learns his first lesson in engineering,
something called “gravity” after cutting and removing slices from the BOTTOM of the cake first!

The bonus (at least in Karen’s eyes :wink: )
is the added lesson in ‘domestication’ of how to use a dish towel and mop to handle the aftermath of his first lesson.

One minute they were happily cutting the cake. Before anyone knew what happened, cousin Joe (snooping through the presents for the robotic arm) was drenched with punch.

Sometime in the future.
Announcer: “Has this ever happened to you? You are at a wedding and the happy couple cut the cake only to get frosting all over the cloths. Or you eat too much, of the cake, and gain weight. Well here at Acme Technologies ™ we have taken the wedding cake to new heights with our Holographic solid cake. You can eat all you want and not gain a single pound. Also there is nothing left over to clean up. Just turn off the patented holographic field and the whole thing disappears.”

[not an entry] I want my score back. Please [not an entry]

I can’t edit that post now, but your score (44) is still on the spreadsheet I use. That’s the one that counts.

Chris: “Honey, did you notice anything odd about the wedding vows?”
Karen: “No, sweetheart, why?”
Chris: “Well, I thought I heard him say, 'For better or worse, in sickness and in health, throughout the build season, ‘til death do us part.’”
Karen: “I wonder what he meant by that???”

Karen: (In a low whisper) I though you wanted the Beach robot to be the ring bearer, What happen?

Chris: I forgot that it was attending the Kettering Kickoff this weekend.
It was a higher priority.

Not an entry: [Congratulations Chris & Karen on your 25th Anniversary on Sept. 18 (I just celebrated my 19th on Sept. 18 too!) :slight_smile: ]

He had been strictly an Atari man, and she TI-99, but they knew it was for keeps when they bought their first IBM PC together.

“There goes his free will.”

<not entry>I kid. :wink: Congrats on 25 happy years. :)</not entry>

Honey… stop holding me… can we just cut this stupid thing?
We have a kick-off to get to…