CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #261

It’s a new year!

Normally, the scores after the last round would be posted here. But, since it’s the first contest of a new year, all the scores are wiped clean. Instead, I substitute the rules:

Traditionally, roughly half of the entries receive a two-point honorable mention, and one particularly good zinger received the burn award, good for three points. The remainder receive a single point.

There have been some updates to the rules over the years:

(“Working” gets a rather liberal interpretation, mind you.)

Since then, the only thing that’s changed is the deadline: *Saturday at midnight Eastern, ***though entries posted afterward will count if they’re posted before I open the thread to score it.

With all that said, here’s this week’s picture:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/31379

Go!

Orion:Wow, Deanim would actually improve Billfred’s look. Aldo, the Hawaiian shirts and a pony tail.

Mr. Kamen: Okay, we’ll race in 3, 2, hey, look, there’s Will Smith! <zoom!>

Sportscaster/MC 1: “Wait a minute, I thought you were only allowed to have ONE player on each base??”
Sportscaster/MC 2: Chuck Norris joke style “Dean Kamen can have as many players on base as he wants to. Dean Kamen is also allowed to steal home plate.”

The outcome of the game? 16 innings of hardcore robot baseball.

Safety Official: And what, Mr. Kamen, do you think you’re doing out there without safety glasses.
Dean: Look I know robots can be very dangerous, but this one has seasoned handlers at the controls. I’m perfectly saf-
(robot jerks violently towards Dean making him jump back.)
Safety Official: Perfectly safe eh? (smugly hands Dean a pair of safety glasses)
(Dean to the cackling bot operators): You’re getting double homework for this!

[npoe]Wow that was short off season (wonder what would happen if the FRC off season was that short ^_-).[npoe]

Orion( in the creepy voice from the AI plane in the movie Stealth): OK Dean, now it is time to see what you are made of

Orion: What is this? I’m sure this violated some rule somewhere…

NOW PRESENTING HEELYS, FOR ADULTS!

ALMOST AS ENTERTAINING AS wackywavinginflatablearmflailingtubeman!!!

**YOU’LL LAUGH, YOU’LL CRY, YOU’LL RACE TINY PLUNGERHEADED ROBOTS!!!

IN STORES NOWWWWWW!!!**

Dean : I said keep him away from my baby. She’s much to young to go out with the likes of Orion!

Dean: “First one to the finish line gets the Founder’s Award!”

How to predict race outcome: Loser will be the one whose hands are planted on his jeans.

1st annual “Take the plunge race”. Team Orion came prepared with their plunger, team Kamen misread the rules and came prepared only with a pocket protector and a used set of denims.

MC: Red alliance ready? Blue alliance ready?
Dean: Wait, where are my partners?
Game announcer: Dean, this event is for alliances of one.
Dean: Oh, OK. I’m ready, then.
Team 102 driver: Are you SURE you don’t want to use your Segway?
Dean: Sometimes, science and technology can’t help you against science and technology.
MC: OK, then 3… 2… 1… GO!
Dean: Hey, attacking your opponent isn’t graciously professional! OUCH!
Team 102 driver: Oops.
MC: Let’s try this again. 3… 2… 1 … GO!

Dean was later heard to say: I should have used the Segway when I had the chance. Durn science and technology!

Girl behind glass with wristband: “Waiting for Dean to begin running is almost as bad as waiting for him to finish speaking.”

Old Lady: Okay, I guess denim does make your bottom look good!

Dean: I really hate it when a song sticks in my mind during moments like this.
starts singing under his breath:

Running on - running on empty
Running on - running blind
Running on - running into the sun
But I’m running behind…

Orion:
Yes, but remember the rest:
finishes the song thought:

Everyone I know, everywhere I go
People need some reason to believe
I don’t know about anyone but me
If it takes all night, that’ll be all right
If I can get you to smile before I leave.

Dean: Well, what are we waiting for, let’s make 'em smile. :slight_smile:

song: Running on Empty by Jackson Browne

Who will win the showdown of the century? The Hunter Orion or Denim-man? This Is FIRST: WWE for N3rds!

Conversation amoung members in the crowd: “There is no way students designed the one on the denim team.”

Ouch! Burn award at least.

Orion: Really—I’m the fastest robot in the nation and you pit me against this guy? He’ll be lucky to avoid chafing!