CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #263

After a couple of three-page contests, I guess aftershocks are to be expected.

Here are the scores after the last round:

Akash Rastogi	12
lingomaniac88	12
Barry Bonzack	7
kramarczyk	7
Karibou	5
AndyB	4
Daniel_LaFleur	4
GaryVoshol	4
JaneYoung	4
KarenH	4
Matt Attallah	4
rsisk	4
Taylor	4
Al Skierkiewicz	3
bobwrit	3
Chris is me	3
Don Rotolo	3
Mr. Pockets	3
rocketperson44	3
Travis Hoffman	3
Rich Wong	2
dodar	2
EricH	2
rtfgnow	2
Steve W	2
Wayne Doenges	2
CHI DONG08	1
Chief Pride	1
Cynette	1
Katie_UPS	1
Lil' Lavery	1
NorviewsVeteran	1
youngWilliam14	1

And today being the anniversary that it is, you can probably whittle down the list of subjects pretty quickly for this week’s picture:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/29374

As always, the deadline is theoretically sorta kinda Saturday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

[silently in his head]I had to wait three weeks for him to step in the gum, but it was worth it to see this face.

Dave:rolleyes: : God I wish I had his hair…so light and airy…Huh?Snaps out of it
Wait. …What? We landed on WHAT?? Oh. OH! Good good good, I was wondering how that would turn out…And could we please get this guy some Rogaine? We can go to Mars but we can’t produce new hair follicles?

Timmy always gets excited when he cooks his Top Ramen noodles.

Dave: Congratulations, you finally beat my Pac-Man high score

Guy on the right: frustrated Why can’t I figure out this stupid game hint?!
Dave: thinking to himself Should I tell him it’s just a red herring? Nah, it’s a lot more fun to watch him agonize over it like this.

The number one cause of hair loss in America is getting frustrated from trying to figure out Dave’s “game hints.” Don’t let this happen to you.

Right: A SPIDER! Gahhh! Splat

Dave: Nice!

Dave: We got another engineer excited about FIRST. Now if only the kids would follow…

Kevin Watson (off-camera): You know, Dave, you keep giving out those hints that baffle engineers. What did you expect?

What the heck do Montana’s green heights have to do with anything!!?

Man: Is THIS your game piece for 2008?
Dave claps
Man: YES! I figured out your Game Hint!

Celebrant: “Yes, there’s one left. I finally get to taste a Krispy Kreme!”

Two seconds later, Dave swoops in … :ahh:

[npoe]And I go to the top of the screen and see this Spotlight: “Ha. Lavery’s a genius. - Aignam” [/npoe]

Dave:
I never knew anyone would get this excited about my other car. Cool.

Who photoshopped that shirt & tie on Dave? That’s definitely not standard issue Laverywear.

Three cups of coffee for a late night GDC meeting- $12
Canceling vacation due to last minute FRC planning crisis- $500
Yearly expenses for FRC in general- $20,558,122
Seeing people’s responses to your new game hints…Priceless

There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else see Dave Lavery

What NASA doesn’t want you to know:

On July 20, 1969, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon, collecting over 40 pounds of moon rock samples. Earlier in the mission, an unidentified flying object accosted them as they neared the lunar surface. They observed a flashing light pattern but did not truly comprehend what they were looking at. In fact, the UFO was trying to communicate with the intrepid spacemen. Loosely translated, the message read “I am a Mooninite. You will land in the area in which we have encased our most unstable, incorrigible moonspawn in solid rock for the betterment and survival of our race. Please, before you leave, take our crazy moon children with you!”

By chance, Neil and Buzz collected seven Mooninites that day. All but one perished on the return trip home. The one that survived soon broke free from his rocky prison during a NASA geological experiment. The scientists were amazed by what they saw - the first instance of alien life visiting Earth. The child, while exhibiting all the tendencies of a stark raving madman, demonstrated an amazing capacity for learning, absorbing knowledge to the point in which his genius surpassed that of all humans on the planet.

Rather than alert the public to his existence, NASA officials took the child in, disguising him as a nerd on perpetual vacation, so they could manipulate his genius to further their ambitious goal of conquering the universe, one planet at a time.

Behold Dave Lavery - Moon Child.

[npoe] clap clap clap clap clap:smiley: [/npoe]

Dave’s newest way of giving out game hints, cable television.

YES!!! Someone dropped a penny on the floor!

Dave rubbing his hands devilishly and thinking: heh heh… wait til he finds out I super-glued it to the floor.

Guy on right : “Yes!! I saved 15% by insuring the Mars Rover with Geico.”

Guy: Darn it! we lost the MPL.
Lavery: Whoops…