CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #287

One more opportunity before you get distracted by something else–I hear there’s a robot competition starting up.

The scores after the last round:

JaneYoung	72
Taylor	72
GaryVoshol	69
Ryan Simpson	67
lingomaniac88	67
Travis Hoffman	66
kramarczyk	64
Don Rotolo	62
rsisk	58
AndyB	54
EricH	49
Mr. Pockets	49
rtfgnow	40
Akash Rastogi	39
Karibou	39
Wayne Doenges	38
Al Skierkiewicz	33
Chris is me	30
NorviewsVeteran	26
Barry Bonzack	26
dodar	26
Rich Wong	24
rocketperson44	24
Katie_UPS	19
delsaner	19
BrendanB	16
bobwrit	14
MissInformation	13
Daniel_LaFleur	12
Steve W	9
Barngirl425	8
Matt Attallah	7
CHI DONG08	7
jmanela	6
RMiller	5
KarenH	4
J93Wagner	4
DRAKE343	3
FinleyM	3
Greg Needel	3
Cynette	3
Austin H	2
Boydean	2
Jared341	2
Rick TYler	2
skimoose	2
Tito H.	2
andrew348	1
Chief Pride	1
Cody Carey	1
dman14	1
Lil' Lavery	1
Mrs.Drake343	1
Q. Sheets	1
Spiffizzle	1
Stephen of REX	1
Stormnnormn	1
youngWilliam14	1

And the picture:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/media/photos/25906

As always, the deadline is sorta kinda theoretically possibly Saturday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

on morse code machine: -… .- …- . / .-… .- …- . .-. -.-- / … … / … . .-. . / .- -. -… / … … / .-- . .- .-. … -. --. / .- / … .- .-- .- … … .- -. / … … … .-. - / .-- … - … / .- / -… .- -. .- -. .- / … -. / - … . / .–. — -.-. -.- . - (Dave Lavery is here and is wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a banana in the pocket)
Dave: I am sorry, I am afraid I cannot allow you to interfere with the field communication.
Kids: What field communicaton uses morse?
Dave: Uh, nevermind.

Dave thinks to himself: “Yup, banana in my pocket, papers in hand. Now just walk around by all these students and it should be good for at least 300 game hint posts. If that doesn’t work, a few random ASCII characters here and there in my posts should keep 'em busy for months. Too easy, too easy…”

"I’m watching you… " -says the random piece of hardware in the bottom left of the screen

Dave (singing): “The HINT is bananas - B-A-N-A-N-A-S”

[npoe] Note: I sing that song in my head inadvertently whenever I write, see, or say the word “banana”.

Dave: this banana is perfect for the 2011 season game hint

Kid in Pink: who took my banana?!?

Cue Dave Lavery at his office

“Oh, so THIS is what people look at when looking for game hints, and it MUST work to throw everyone off since its from 2006!”

It all makes sense now…

http://www.rsisk.com/jimmy.jpg

Jimmy may have his magic flute, but Dave has the magic banana

Dave: Why, oh why, does everyone turn my lunch into a game hint???

Dave Lavery: “What banana? I havabanana?”

Boy, am I happy to see you!

Dave reads a letter from his former lover:

*Dear Dave,

I know we have had some tough times together, but I cannot stand being away from you any longer. The past three months have been the worst three months of my life. I have thought about you every day, and it kills me to see that you ran off with another fruit. Please, Dave, take me back. I promise you I will give you more than that stupid banana could ever give.

Love,
Annie Apple*

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring…banana phone 8D

AWWWWWWW! Did someone figure out your, “amazingly, undecipherable” game hint already Dave? Oh well always next year.

Proof that NASA trains its rocket scientists in the same manner as it did its Project Mercury chimpanzees. They are still gathering data to determine which species responds more productively to this incentive. Early results indicate that bananas are too healthy a stimulus to elicit much of a useful response from this subject.

Dork Ad for those in the know:

The Pocket Banana - a must in thinkdork accessorizing. Whether preparing for a public address or a rocket launch, the Pocket Banana will prevent any slip-ups or bruising puns, guaranteed. The most ape-peeling aspect of this little number is its ability to thinkdork in Morse Code, sparing no .s, -s, or /s. If you are Dave Lavery, this is an understatement. If you are a Dave Lavery wannabe, this is a must-have.

The Pocket Banana.

Hurry before the bunch runs out - only 19.95. If you order before January 9, 2010 - you will receive a special gift offer - your choice of a fish, a clown, or a selection of the highly prized Monty Python quotes written in code that no one can possibly decipher - their own brand of humor. Why wait - order now.

The Pocket Banana. Thinkdork.

If you dress Hawaiian then the pocket protector must follow suit! And before you say anything, coconuts and papayas don’t fit in the shirt pocket. Hang loose dudes!

Dave Lavery: “Note to self. The experiment of puttng items in pockets and letting students assume it’s a game hint is a total success. Little do they know it’s my breakfast.”

[npoe]So this year’s game involves cooking food! Aha![/npoe]