CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #365

Time to start up the caption contest’s eighth year!

Normally, I’d post the scores after the last contest, but since this is the start of the year, the scores are pretty simple:

You            0

Instead, I give you the rules. (Other rules have been created, but these are the ones that see use:)

Traditionally, roughly half of the entries receive a two-point honorable mention, and one particularly good zinger received the burn award, good for three points. The remainder receive a single point.

There have been some updates to the rules over the years:

(“Working” gets a rather liberal interpretation, mind you.)

Since then, the only thing that’s changed is the deadline: **Saturday at midnight Eastern, **though entries posted afterward will count if they’re posted before I open the thread to score it.

With all that said, here’s this week’s picture:

Go!

Doing the robot in front of a robot only shows how bad you are at doing the robot.

In Soviet FIRST, robot drive you

Moe’s robots know good dancing. They also emit a tiny EMP when surrounded by bad robot dances.

Having given up on males, Fergie tries to woo the robots behind her.

In less then five years, their robot will be able to replace her.

Police report that a fan was so determined to get on stage that the panda was seen hijacking a robot. Moments after this picture was taken, it was arrested.

For PandeMOEnium, it was love at FIRST sight.

Fergie has come to the right place to learn some smooth up-to-date moves. Sadly, she’s not big on iterative processes and continual improvement.

Here is a popular, smooth-operating, crowd-pleasing celebrity. Unfortunately, our view is blocked by some woman, identity unknown.

We have successfully turned Fergie into a robot!!!

also first time for me to do this contest:)

The Peas responded to criticism of FIRST putting “celebrities over robots” by attempting to act like them. PandaMOEnium and other robots in attendance had a mixed reaction, asking repeatedly whether Fergie could score two ubertubes in 15 seconds. The quality of the autotune, however, was considered quite impressive.

*"Anything you can do,
I can do better.
I can do anything
Better than you.

No, you can’t.
Yes, I can. No, you can’t.
Yes, I can. No, you can’t.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!"*
Well one thing is for sure, I will be playing tomorrow!

Fergie and MOE have the same thing in common. Her outfit and the game pieces are made for the same material.

Clearly, that humanoid robot only has no autonomous mode.

While robots may be held together by rivets, duct tape, and/or zip ties, it appears, upon closer inspection, that Fergie-bot is held together by shrink wra- er, fabric.

To one-up Will.i.am for getting to play with a FTC bot, Fergie decided to dance with a FRC bot. I won’t be surprised when we hear that Taboo and Apl.de.ap have ordered a Mindstorm kit not wanting to be left out of the FIRST fun.

If you were close enough, you could hear the panda saying, “No! No! Its supposed to be the Logomotion! Come on, everybody’s doing it! Do the Logomotion with me!!”

A perfectly good robot, but with a funny face.

[NPOE]Apologies to Fergie. She’s a beautiful woman.[/NPOE]

Interesting that this is Caption Contest #365