Ninja_Bait	2
Andy Baker	2
Boe	2
O'Sancheski	1
Dsisk	1
Rangel(kf7fdb)	1
Dchandler	1

And the picture:

As always, the deadline is nominally Saturday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

This is why you no longer hear the Hamster Dance song (http://www.webhamster.com/). The last hamster was taken out by a 9/16 wrench by 422’s mechanical lead.

In an epic tribute to Lucas and Shelley, 422’s students have done the impossible (or at least never attempted) - combining hamster interior with robot exterior. They call it DARTH HAMBORG!

good thing the phrase “when hamsters build robots” never caught on… though pigs are flying now so that one doesn’t work anymore.

The first lifeform that will be sent to Mars gets in training, now that Curiosity has landed.

Guess what - the hamster predicted 6 more weeks of build season.

Huh, of all the things my team thought of to try to speed up our work during build season, training hamsters to turn wrenches never came up. As a matter of fact, it’s more probable than a lot of the ideas we did come up with, and thus bears being brought up this coming year.

Can you imagine the discussion taking place at the ad agency when Grover suggested a hamster would make a great ad campaign for Snap On Tools? Just think of the possibilities! How about a tool competition with the Geico gecko, the Eveready bunny, or the penguins from Madagascar?

It’s a little known fact that Lrrr, the leader of planet Omicron Persei 8, started out in FIRST.

[NPOE]We all know that “absolutely true story” was not, right?[/NPOE]

This was the only way to stop the pit crew from forgetting to pack that all-important 9/16" wrench, short of glueing it to the toolbox.

He’s trying to hide in plain sight from the fox next door.

Thank you Bilfred, after all these years, I finally know where my wrench went.

Compared to the endless grind of running in the hamster wheel, helping team 422 is a dream come true. And carrying a big (9/16") stick gives such a “power rush” that just doesn’t get old.

A forgotten character from “Lost In Space”, here’s the Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot’s pet hamster.

The last thing the hamster remembers saying was “Toss me a 9/16” wrench"

Distantly related to the “Sock Monster” which eats only one sock in the laundry, the “Tool Hamster” is responsible for hiding the exact tool you are looking for. It most frequently strikes when you are approaching the end of build season, and fiendishly hides the offending tool in plain sight. :rolleyes:

9/16 wrenches over the launch site is just one of many obstacles NASA Engineers must face when designing space systems.

Luckily they are well experienced after facing
Birds,
Lightning,
and
Giant shuttle-eating spiders

Finally found where my 9/16’s wrench is. NOW WHERE IS THE 7/16’s WRENCH THAT I LOSE ALLLL THE TIME!?!?!

Maybe it’ll inspire another student to design an experiment about the common cold that gets launched into space, and saves New New York a thousand years in the future. They might just make a Futurama episode about it.

Gedgie out

“Guys we cannot let a hamster build our robot!”
“C’mon, he’s just so cute and well armed!”
“Alright fine. He’s in charge of bumpers”