Whippet	2
Tom Ore	1
Bruce Newendorp	1
mastachyra	1
Kuhnahtt	1
kstl99	1
tStano	1

And the picture:

And because I know I’m not fooling anybody recently, the deadline is now hereby SUNDAY at midnight Eastern.

Go!

“And this is the part that drives the robot. Remember kids, if you leave this off, the robot doesn’t move. Looking at it, you see this part that shifts…”

Kids (thinking): Must look interested. Must not go to sleep. The last time someone slept, we had to sit through this ten times. Must look interested. Must not go to sleep…

Givin’ the ol’ Box of Sass a tuneup

“And if you listen to the gearbox, you can hear that it runs on magic noise. In normal operation, the gearbox will spill out some of its magic noise, but if it lets out too much it won’t run.”

“Is that just like the electronics?”

“Yes! Very good! But remember the electronics run on magic smoke. But unlike the gearbox, the electronics aren’t supposed to let out any of their magic smoke during normal operation.”

See, if you spin the CIM you will see that there are threaded holes that line up with the holes in this plate. You have to insert screws there or the motor will just spin and twist up your wiring. It will drive much better after this.

Libby: I’m going to tell you something I don’t think anyone else knows. If you wire the connector way, you gain the ability to fly. Try it.

[Girl in the white wires the connector and immediately shoots up into the ceiling, taking the entire robot with her.]

Libby: I forgot to mention that it takes a significant amount of practice to master the ability to fly. I have to go to Kenya attend the ceremony honoring the launch of the hundred-thousandth Slingshot. Have fun. [Flies away]

While nobody is testing their safety glasses, at least the kid in the back is going to test full body padding.

What we see here is visual proof of the Kamen family’s bias against mecanum drive, as that gear box is clearly not for a holonomic drive #conspiracy

Kid in Orange:

You know, they always show you how to inflate the life vest on the airplane, but never how to take them off later.

Libby: “You have to be very careful and you need a steady hand.”
Students: “Wow, look how easy she makes it seem.”
Libby: “Done. And that how you install a fuse into the Victor Speed Control.”

It’s still Monday (central time, anyway)!

First place goes to:

Second place goes to:

Honorable mentions go to:

1. MARS_James
  2. rsisk
  3. Taylor
  4. Al Skierkiewicz

And the burn award goes to:

Which means the scores are:

cgmv123	99
GaryVoshol	95
Taylor	94
EricH	85
DonRotolo	74
Jim Wilks	71
efoote868	61
Al Skierkiewicz	55
Wayne Doenges	55
Jon Stratis	49
dodar	49
MARS_James	45
rsisk	40
orangemoore	19
Jay O'Donnell	8
x86_4819	7
Andrew Lawrence	5
Barry Bonzack	4
Daniel_LaFleur	4
IndySam	2
Whippet	2
Tom Ore	1
Bruce Newendorp	1
mastachyra	1
Kuhnahtt	1
kstl99	1
tStano	1

Onward!

2nd place was really efoote868 - at least he/she/it got the 5 points.

Build season, lemme tell 'ya…