Leap 3
DonRotolo 2
SnapDragon 2
wgorgen 2
Thequackmaster 2
Mr.Mascot 2

The rules, for the newbies.

And the picture:

As always, the deadline is nominally Sunday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

Safety Glasses operate on an exponential curve, right?

Some teams have a Safety Captain. This team has a Safety Glasses Storage Person.

Safety Glasses kid thinks, “They said I’d never amount to anything. Now I’m the only one allowed in the pit. I will rule the build! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!”

This student is taking no chances with safety. He has eye protection, fore head protection, head protection and back of head protection, plus a couple of extras.

You don’t need to be safe everywhere to win the safety award, you just have to show this person to the judges to win

After convincing his scouting team to hand over their safety glasses (“it’ll be a funny photo”, he said), the scouting captain promptly ran into the pits. When later asked about it, the scout captain said “The scout team shouldn’t be in the pits, they need to be in the stands.”
The scouting captain had wisdom beyond his years.

Person whose left hand is visible: <air quotes>SAFETY</air quotes>

The best way to be safe is to wear safety glasses, Obviously

FRC Q&A Question:
I see that R10 states: “SAFETY GLASSES shall be placed evenly along the HEAD from front to back to form the SPROCKET. The SPROCKET must be functionally used on the ROBOT in some way (e.g. in an ACTIVE MECHANISM such as the drivetrain) but must also not harm the student.” In my opinion, the SPROCKET being partly human means it is worth a lot, almost certainly above the total BOM price limit by itself. With that in consideration, must the SPROCKET be placed on the BOM?

Answer:
No, you do not need to report that cost. Since the SPROCKET is part of a team member, it can be considered to be manufactured by that team member, meaning it has no cost for the BOM because labor is free when supplied by the team or its sponsors. Please also remember that by rule H5, it is prohibited to call that team member a “gearhead” with a YELLOW CARD as the punishment for violating the rule.

No wonder everyone says he has eyes on the back of his head! He has safety glasses protecting all of his eyes all over his head!

After one too many run ins with the team safety captain, this kid makes sure he covers everything

1 Like

The betting for FRC poker night took an… interesting turn.

1 Like

After becoming the safety captain, Jamie began to… change.

Safety Inspector: you can’t defeat me!
Safety Lead: I know, but he can!
Mr. Safety glasses appears triumphantly

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that doesn’t quite qualify as a helmet substitute.

The safety industry took note of Disney’s success, evidently.

1 Like

Let’s get to it!

First place goes to:

Second place goes to:

And the burn award goes to:

Which means the scores are:

Tomithy 31
GeeTwo 26
gixxy 21
EricKline 21
gellnick 20
efoote868 15