TheFlash 2
SnapDragon 2
Duoquinquagintillion 2
346CADmen 2
Mika1820 2
GoalkeeperBoss 2

The rules, for the newbies.

And the picture:

As always, the deadline is nominally Sunday at midnight Eastern. And speaking of North Carolina, I’ll be at THOR West this weekend with 1293. Feel free to submit your entry in person.

Go!

Hey! The Question Box is NOT the Andy Baker Fan Club Box OR the Ask-For-Free-AndyMark-Items Box. You all should know that by now, even if Andy Baker is the head referee.

1 Like

The entire Robot Inspection Corp gathers to gaze in horror at the monstrously wired 'bot before them.

2 Likes

OK, guys, without the hats we can blend in as regular volunteers. You three, Field Reset, and let me know if you see anybody that’s added stuff. You two, Queuing and don’t let unstickered robots past you. The rest of you, act like inspectors but point any issues to me, I’ll deflect them to Al and see if we’re still friends at the end of the season.

1 Like

North Carolina robot inspectors crowd around to argue who is better at basketball: UNC or Duke. Meanwhile the guy in red, the lone NC State fan, appears lost.

The group gathers before the drivebase before them. They inspect, and they judge. They release their result in an unknown time. They are the judges.

1 Like

All the inspectors have come to gawk at a team that passed inspection the first time through. They’ve never had one in their home before.

1 Like

Andy: “Ha, that’s a good one. OK, what else can we put on the fake FIRST Choice preview?”

2 Likes

The first glimpse at firsts key volunteers getting their feet wet in the rigorous volunteering landscape of first. What a sight to behold.

1 Like

Andy Baker: “Alright, everyone agree to the rules of Robot Inspector bingo?”
Bald guy on right: “Uh, yeah, it says 775 redline motor on my square, is that the same as a 775pr–”
Andy Baker: “IT’S NOT THE SAME THING”

1 Like

Lead inspector: “Okay guys. This is it. The moment we’ve been training for months for. Last year we failed. We let three robots that were overweight pass inspection. Two robots had sharp corners, and Dave forgot to check how many motors they had.”
Everyone looks at Dave
“Anyways, this year, we’re going to do it right.” The passion in his voice is evident
“No overweight robots, no sharp corners, and above all, we’ll make DEAN KAMEN PROUD. ARE YOU WITH ME!!!”
Inspectors cheer
“Then go get them… And Godspeed.”

5 Likes

And finally - anyone who passes a robot with skyway wheels will not be inspecting again.

Fellas, this here is what an illegal air tank looks like… notice the purple paint.

2 Likes

How many RI’s does it take to change a light bulb?
Twenty of them, apparently.

4 Likes

A preview of inspectors trying to figure out the new no bag weight rules during a week 1 event.

1 Like

Someone in the stands: “Now THAT is a lot of lawyers just for robot inspection.”
*A borderline illegal robot is on the scale.
Andy: Sooo… this isn’t legal?
Students: But the rulebook said it was fine.

I didn’t know it was possible for an event to have too many Robot Inspectors.

There once was an LRI named Andy
Who was always giving out candy
People would flock
To see what he got
Which was really quite fine and dandy

5 Likes

OK, so these boots actually walked on Einstein.

No, not the field, the man. And boy was he angry!

The RI’s in their natural habitat.