CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #81

Ah, the number 81…it’s perfect (ly square).

Here’s the scores:

Gary Dillard	76
MissInformation	72
T. Hoffman	69
Rich Wong	65
EddieMcD	60
Dlavery	59
Jay H 237	57
Al Skierkiewicz	50
Jay Trzaskos	50
Icurtis	49
EricH	48
Andy Baker	45
KathieK	45
Nehalita	43
Wayne Doenges	43
Dorienne 007	41
Bcahn836	41
Arefin Bari	37
Koko Ed	33
EricS-Team180	29
DCA Fan	29
Artdutra04	28
Amanda Morrison	26
Ashley Christine	24
JosephM	23
Xzvrw2	23
Goober!!!	22
“Big Mike”	21
Andrew Blair	20
Kyle Love	19
KenWittlief	18
Alex Cormier	18
Conor Ryan	15
Mechanicalbrain	15
1derboy	13
Jessica Boucher	11
Tim Delles	11
KarenH	11
JVN	10
Pat McCarthy	10
Squirrelrock	10
Bill_Hancoc	10
Kjhobin	10
Richardp	9
Dave Scheck	8
Greg Needel	8
Fruity Pebbles	7
DanielBCR	7
Kevin Kolodziej	7
Tiffany34990	7
Brandy836	6
Elgin Clock	6
Miketwalker	6
RoboMom	6
Greencactus3	6
Sciguy125	6
Lil' Lavery	5
Lukevanoort	5
InfernoX14	5
Wetzel	5
Killerofkiller	4
Cyberguy34000	4
Denman	4
Spears312	4
Adam Richards	3
Beth Sweet	3
Rich Kressly	3
RogerR	3
Ryan Foley	3
Tytus Gerrish	3
Sciencenerd	3
Shyra1353	3
Andrew Rudolph	2
BuddyB309	2
Eria4044	2
Kyle	2
Meredith343MiM	2
Mini-D67	2
Ogre	2
Sammy	2
Skimoose	2
Eugenia Gabrielov	2
Liz C	2
Matt Attallah	2
MattD1Drift	2
Rohan_DHS	2
Zach Purser	2
anna~marie	1
Barry Bonzack	1
Ben Lauer	1
Budda648	1
CarpeDiem	1
Cody C	1
Dubious elise	1
First degree	1
John Wanninger	1
KyleGilbert45	1
Lisa Perez	1
Meaubry	1
Mr. A	1
Pwilczynski	1
Rees2001	1
Saru29	1
Termite233	1
Wilshire	1

And the picture:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?action=single&picid=11329

As always, the deadline is Saturday at midnight BST*
(*BST, or Billfred Standard Time, is the time displayed on ChiefDelphi.com if you set your time zone to GMT -5:00.)

Go!

Team 1597 concluded that telekinesis may be a bit ambitious drive system for the FIRST robotics competition. Unfortunately they had to go all the way to the championship to realize that.

Robot: “Cheer up, it really was not your fault.
We all play a part in this lost.
I will take full responsibility for the 30 point penalty.
Let’s go back to the pit and pack me up.
Can you push me?”

1597 failed to compete at the Championships due to the fact the lack of sleep from build season finally caught up with thier driver just as they were getting ready for thier match.

In a major restructuring effort, IBM Research division reported today that they have rented space in a large venue and downsized their staff significantly…

After a long, heartfelt talk, the two decided their relationship just wasn’t going anywhere.

The kid: You got me so tired today. I am going to take a nap.

ROBOT: grrrr… is that why you put me up on this cart so I can’t move? :mad:

The Kid: YUPPPPP!!! ::snore::

Robot:

Kid: Okay! I promise I won’t forget your battery ever again!

Robot:

Kid: Can we still be friends? Pleeeaaasssseeee?

Robot:

Kid: Alright, alright. So I’ll get you an anodized frame next year…

Not everyone can be a robot.
Truth Hurts.

(Staring despondently at shelf under robot…)

“What did I ever do wrong in my life to be stuck with these weak, flimsy, and inaccurate right handed joysticks every year? I needed six of the blasted things just to get us through a single competition!** Why, FIRST? Why must you torture me so with these abominations??? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!”

** Hyperbolized for effect. Objects in caption contest may be more useful than they appear.

Even wearing an armband on his left hand to remember which was which, the kid still had to spend several minutes staring at the bewildering control layout before each match to remember which thing did what. Hey, with three joysticks and who knows how many buttons, sometimes it can be hard!

Entry #1: Team 1597’s driver was so weak from lack of sleep he decided to take a nap. When he woke up, everyone had most of their robots packed and the pits cleaned up.

Entry #2: Student on phone; “Yes mom, I packed my pajamas. No mom, I’m not going to eat any junk food. Yes mom, I’m having fun. Mom, I have to go, they just called our team to the arena. Bye mom”

“Ok… God… I’ve put all I have into this robot. I could use some help. Do you know this Archimedes guy? Well… we are playing on a field named after him here in Atlanta. You see, we’re up against this robot from Hammond, Indiana the next match. I hear that they are pretty good. If you can sway a tetra or two our way, I sure would appreciate it.”

Andy B.

Entry 1:Team 1597 demonstrated their confidence at the championship by cuing for the Einstein field early Thursday.

Entry 2: Someone needs to tell team 1597 that they need to win their way to the Einstein field and not just show up and expect to be in the national finals.

1. “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.”
  2. “Anybody know the shortest route back to Cleveland?”
  3. FIRST Robot: $6,000. Add-ons: $3,500. Registration to Nationals: $5,000. Transportation: $3,500. Hotel room: $120/night. Remembering to bring the battery charger: Priceless.

FIRST has decided to eliminate score penalties, instead offending teams/robots while be immediately directed to the “Timeout Chair” and “Bad Robot Cart”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Telekinesis (tĕl’ĭ-kə-nē’sĭs): the power to move something by thinking about it without the application of physical force.

Kid: “Must… get… robot… back…to… pit. Too… lazy… to… actually… push… it. Getting… bad… headache… from… concentrating… so… hard.”

I mean, we only lost to Circuit Runners once, but why do i always get so sad when I walk my their chair art? :confused: Why?

48, 49, 50… Come out Come out, wherever you are. Guys? Guys? Dang it, I know I shouldn’t have tried to get the rest of the drive team to play hide and seek before the finals.

Team 1597 was excluded from the robot luau after it was discovered that their grass skirt was in fact a fake.

One ploy for getting a robot to respond to you is to pretend to ignore them. As long as you don’t make any sudden moves, the robot will come right up to the student.