CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #810

Well, finally got done with last week. Let’s go!

The scores after the last round:

efoote868 101
gellnick 97
GaryVoshol 95
Tomithy 91
GeeTwo 83
Squirrel2412 81
EricH 77
Wayne Doenges 66
EricKline 63
cgmv123 63
Mr.Mascot 55
gixxy 44
C_MacC 43
Osby 43
DonRotolo 39
wgorgen 36
quin 36
VanNerd 19
Aiden 16
NatsirtD 14
Richard Wallace 12
jackTHEnerd 12
Thequackmaster 12
hamac2003 10
Kaitlynmm569 8
typeusernamehere 7
SaltisVonWaltis 6
Attention 6
rsisk 5
Mika1820 4
AustinShalit 3
Leap 3
TheFlash 2
SnapDragon 2
Duoquinquagintillion 2
346CADmen 2
GoalkeeperBoss 2
Gavatron77 2
clonedcheese 2

The rules, for the newbies.

And the picture:

As always, the deadline is nominally Sunday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

I know that there’s a large bump in the shield generator, but isn’t this overcompensating a bit?

“Honey! I Shrunk the Freshman!”

Do our wheels make our students look small?

For those who complain the the home version of the field is to big and complicated, we give this example of a field element that the GDC rejected.

You kids and your fancy photoshop. Multi-core processors. Terabytes of storage. Cloud computers! Back in my day, if you wanted a cool picture you needed to network ALL the CAD workstations to create a render farm! And then you had to let them render overnight!

Rookie Mechanical Student: “Large wheels make us go fast, right? Look at this wheel I found for us to use this season. We’ll be the fastest robot at the regional.”

and here we see an example of what might be a little too big of a flywheel…

Uh, you realize the diameter of this thing is the size of the legal frame perimeter?

What if it’s always traveling at 80 or 90 percent of the speed of light?

It’ll still be too tall.

So… How are we gonna do the bumpers? You can’t laminate 3 1/4" pieces, and we aren’t cutting down a giant tree.

Snopes fact check-

Antman is an FRC Alumni.

TRUE!

The control panel back when it was in alpha.

Time to explore an artifact from an ancient civilization. It may have been used in some engineering-focused ritual.

“We’ve really hit it out of the ballpark with this one. It’s big enough to be our drive wheel, flywheel, and climbing mech all in one.”

“We’re going to use a massive flywheel with tons of inertia that weighs like 100 pounds, so that once it starts spinning it’s not going to stop spinning, and we’re going to fire our balls at 5000 miles per hour at the inner goal with a flat line trajectory, and we’re going to add pneumatics at the bottom of our robot so we jump up every time we want to turn”
-Actual quote by lead shooter designer for team 846, 2020

1 Like

In the latest FRC parody genre, movie parodies, Team 810 presents “Honey, I shrunk the driveteam!”

So you can’t spin a flywheel fast. But sometimes you still need a fast surface speed…

@Billfred I call entry theft. Unless I come up with a better one before judging.

[/NAE]

Oh man, I just looked back over the list and saw yours. Somehow I missed that before I posted.

My Bad!

@Billfred you can give me a negative score for bad form if you want. I will skate over to the penalty box for my 2 minutes of feeling shame.

nae
@wgorgen, instead of penalty time you need to ensure that before contest #1533 you arrange for an appropriately embarrassing picture of your team that @Billfred can use. Don’t worry, you have a few years.
/nae

1 Like