CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #810

and here we see an example of what might be a little too big of a flywheel…

Uh, you realize the diameter of this thing is the size of the legal frame perimeter?

What if it’s always traveling at 80 or 90 percent of the speed of light?

It’ll still be too tall.

So… How are we gonna do the bumpers? You can’t laminate 3 1/4" pieces, and we aren’t cutting down a giant tree.

Snopes fact check-

Antman is an FRC Alumni.

TRUE!

The control panel back when it was in alpha.

1 Like

Time to explore an artifact from an ancient civilization. It may have been used in some engineering-focused ritual.

“We’ve really hit it out of the ballpark with this one. It’s big enough to be our drive wheel, flywheel, and climbing mech all in one.”

“We’re going to use a massive flywheel with tons of inertia that weighs like 100 pounds, so that once it starts spinning it’s not going to stop spinning, and we’re going to fire our balls at 5000 miles per hour at the inner goal with a flat line trajectory, and we’re going to add pneumatics at the bottom of our robot so we jump up every time we want to turn”
-Actual quote by lead shooter designer for team 846, 2020

1 Like

In the latest FRC parody genre, movie parodies, Team 810 presents “Honey, I shrunk the driveteam!”

So you can’t spin a flywheel fast. But sometimes you still need a fast surface speed…

@Billfred I call entry theft. Unless I come up with a better one before judging.

[/NAE]

Oh man, I just looked back over the list and saw yours. Somehow I missed that before I posted.

My Bad!

@Billfred you can give me a negative score for bad form if you want. I will skate over to the penalty box for my 2 minutes of feeling shame.

nae
@wgorgen, instead of penalty time you need to ensure that before contest #1533 you arrange for an appropriately embarrassing picture of your team that @Billfred can use. Don’t worry, you have a few years.
/nae

1 Like

It was at that moment they realized they’d left off the second m on the specs sheet for their 4mm toy wheels.

2 Likes

Where there’s a wheel, there’s a way.

I think this maybe of use in Saint John’s NL (in the practical sense.)

[Not an entry]So Spinal Tap, but in reverse[/Not an entry]

1 Like

Let’s get to it!

First place goes to:

Second place goes to:

And the burn award goes to:

Which means the scores are:

efoote868 103
gellnick 99
GaryVoshol 97
Tomithy 93
GeeTwo 85
Squirrel2412 83
EricH 79
Wayne Doenges 68
cgmv123 65
EricKline 63
Mr.Mascot 58
gixxy 54
C_MacC 45
Osby 45
DonRotolo 39
wgorgen 38
quin 38
VanNerd 19
Aiden 18
NatsirtD 16
Richard Wallace 12
jackTHEnerd 12
Thequackmaster 12
hamac2003 10
Kaitlynmm569 8
clonedcheese 7
typeusernamehere 7
SaltisVonWaltis 6
Attention 6
rsisk 5
Mika1820 4
AustinShalit 3
Leap 3
ljensen 2
TheFlash 2
SnapDragon 2
Duoquinquagintillion 2
346CADmen 2
GoalkeeperBoss 2
Gavatron77 2

Onward!

:smiley: I got points!!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.