CD's Unofficial Caption Contest #838

Quick, before the next big storm blows through!

The scores after the last round:

Karaoke 19
Squirrel2412 19
efoote868 18
Tomithy 18
gellnick 18
quin 14
Tinnittin 14
EricH 13
GaryVoshol 11
cgmv123 11
GeeTwo 10
Wayne Doenges 10
EricKline 10
Osby 8
rsisk 6
Andy Baker 5
DonRotolo 4
jackoleary 2
Emiliano6181 2

The rules, for the newbies.

And the picture:

Imgur

As always, the deadline is nominally Sunday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

Jerry Buddy: “As you can see here,”
Loud drilling ensues
Jerry Buddy: “OUR ROBOT IS FULLY CAPABLE OF SHOOTING FRISBEES RIGHT AT ANY REFS THAT GIVE US PENALTIES ANY GOAL WE CHOOSE.”
Drilling finishes
Cameraman: “You realize that I’m the head ref, right?”
A few seconds later
Pit Announcer over the PA system: “THIS IS A REMINDER, NO RUNNING IN THE PITS. MENTORS ARE NOT EXEMPT.”

Back in the good ol’ days when it was “acceptable” to yell “robot!” in the pits

Jerry: “BIIIILLLFREEEDDD!! Get over here, I need a shield, and my boss needs a marketer!”

“You know the drawer labeled ‘DO NOT OPEN’? You need to open it!”

Hungry FTA who worked through lunch sees 254’s robot and opens mouth to eat some cheesy poofs: “They look blue like they are starting to mold, but who cares, I’m hungry.” Takes a bite: “Woah, these cheetos might be expired. They are a little on the stale side and have a metallic aftertaste.”

254 student: “That’s our robot. It’s metal and it’s painted blue. If you need food, we can get you some corndogs or mentor bacon, or if you want something else, we can have someone go pick something up from a nearby restaurant for you to eat between matches. Eating a robot is OVERKILL*.”

*Yes, this is 254’s 2013 robot name

“My SAFETY GLASSES are NOT ILLEGAL!”

Jerry purposefully chose to wear reflective safety glasses so the unfortunate freshman who stepped over the safety barrier would not face his wrath, but also see their own terror.

Reflection in glasses
The person in the dark shirt can guarantee you a great robot with a rookie driver.
The person in the light shirt can guarantee you a bad robot with a veteran driver.
Choose wisely

WHAT? MAKE IT LOUD? I’VE BEEN LOUD SINCE YESTERDAY!

NPOE

“Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?”
Yes discourse, that’s my entry.

Jerry demonstrates the typical response FTA’s get when teams are told a supposed radio failure is their fault, not FMS.

WHAT? You say that in 7 years I will not be able to stand here and yell at people.

“SWEET CAROLI- what? I’m allowed to sing it too! It’s an FRC event for goodness’ sake!”

The real reason dark and reflective glasses are now banned - no one was sure if Jerry was happy to see them, taking a bite out of them, or both.

Um, I don’t think it’s “When Irish Eyes are Shiny…”

“The hills are alive… with the sound of music”

3 Likes

Every queuer ever

1 Like

Let’s get judgy, shall we?

First place goes to:

Second place goes to:

And the burn award goes to:

Which means the scores are:

Tomithy 28
Karaoke 21