Andy Baker 5
clonedcheese 5
AustinShalit 4
ari_2412 3
PeterR 2
Emiliano6181 2

The rules, for the newbies.

And the picture:

As always, the deadline is nominally Sunday at midnight Eastern.

Go!

To judge for an innovation award:
“A spray from the fire extinguisher is a lot more effective than yelling “ROBOT!”
The first aid kit is for when people still don’t get out of the way.
The spill kit is for when robots don’t scram either.”

Volunteer: You’re sure this is safe?
Student: So, how about that airline food, eh?

No, Mr. Field Staff. I don’t have the slightest clue who could have left their cart here, particularly with a robot on it. No, I’m not going to move it, it’s not mine. Nah, I’m not on that team, I just swiped their shirt when they weren’t looking because it beats being on 1293.

5 Likes

“No, we really didn’t spend much on it. We just put together some parts we found out in the garage.”

[npoe] No need for anyone else to try for the burn award after Eric’s entry. Although I suspect that it comes with a special point total. [/npoe]

We decided this was a garbage game and a lost year so we put our entire focus into building a super sweet robot cart. Then since we’re competing anyway we’ll accept any and all cheesecake as our competitive strategy. That’s right, we are better than anyone else at passing re-inspections.

Yeah, we built it for the pit-to-field trip in Atlanta but found it really useful in St. Louis as well.
Our only problem is the fuel economy: 2 cans of Mountain Dew per day.

What’s in the keg up front? Beer?
No! Mt. Dew.

Hat guy: “I can borrow your cart I need to run down to the grocery and grab just a few things”

What’s in the keg up front? Beer?
No! Sweet tea.

FIFY

Are you trying to set the carpet speed record or what?

“Hey, can we borrow your cart?”

“Sure, what for?”

“The judges are coming by, and the cart has more safety materials than our entire pit.”

The can grabbers are multipurpose: they can quickly grab cans OR any of the safety equipment. Can they safely and quickly grab a fire extinguisher without risking a loss of grip and a flying metal object that might be moving faster than poof ball regulation speed? No, but that doesn’t matter because safety first…

Apologies for the late judging, y’all. Last night was far more yellow-backgrounded work than I would’ve preferred.

First place goes to:

Second place goes to:

And the burn award goes to:

Which means the scores are:

Tinnittin 131
Squirrel2412 119
Tomithy 92
EricH 92
DonRotolo 88
GaryVoshol 88
Osby 86
efoote868 85