Chairman's Award - any submissions available online?

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 8/12/2000 9:45 PM MST

Seeing all this talk of Chairman’s, I was wondering if anyone had their submissions up on the web somewhere that people could look at…

PLEASE post a link on this thread if you do…

Posted by S. Krussell.

Coach on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Posted on 8/13/2000 9:11 AM MST

In Reply to: Chairman’s Award - any submissions available online? posted by colleen on 8/12/2000 9:45 PM MST:

Colleen,

The chairman’s award winners are available for viewing at FIRST Place in Manchester, but I have also seen a few other team’s submissions, and they would be difficult to view online only. Some have videos, and some are created so that they must be viewed.

But you bring up an interesting topic. I would like to see all the winners, plus the runners up each year. Perhaps FIRST could have a public viewing at the Nationals.

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 8/13/2000 12:42 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Chairman’s Award - any submissions available online? posted by S. Krussell on 8/13/2000 9:11 AM MST:

I know they are for viewing at FIRST… sometimes that place is like a second home to me… when I won my week of fun up their last summer, one thing i did do was look through all the submissions from that year…

But in most regards, in the truth of the award, it is content rather than looks/presentation that should win it… and I know of several teams that recorded their video submissions onto .mpg format… and any typed parts of book submission would probably be accessible on-line… so i was just wondering if anyone has those available for people who don’t have the opportunity to make it to FIRST :slight_smile:

Posted by Erin.

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 8/13/2000 5:56 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Chairman’s Award - any submissions available online? posted by S. Krussell on 8/13/2000 9:11 AM MST:

Sue-

If other teams did the crazy stuff my team did to get recognized, I would like to see that. I think that anyone who goes nutty on film for their team should be shown (maybe then I won’t feel so alone!)

I was also thinking maybe some people could scan the layouts of their printed submission (if applicable) and choose whether to include the verbal content or not.

just an idea.

-Erin

Posted by Justin.

Other on team Blue Lightning Alumni Association from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted on 8/15/2000 1:51 PM MST

I really like the idea of having either and area of tables or perhaps even a tent where the various chairman’s awards could be viewed. Obviously gracious professionalism would prevent damaged to these products of long hard hours :wink: Perhaps for the videos associated w/the chairman’s awards FIRST could put together a tape of all of them looped together like they do for the Animations.

My 2 cents…Justin

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks, Analog Devices.

Posted on 8/15/2000 6:25 PM MST

In Reply to: Displays @ Nationals posted by Justin on 8/15/2000 1:51 PM MST:

I totally agree with you Justin…I wish that we could see the entries from other teams. I know the few videos and animations I got from the internet really were interesting, and it would be great to give the Chairman’s aspect a little more publicity.

Lora

Posted by Justin.

Other on team Blue Lightning Alumni Association from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted on 8/15/2000 9:36 PM MST

In Reply to: Totally Agree posted by Lora Knepper on 8/15/2000 6:25 PM MST:

Going along the lines of being able to view the Chairman’s awards online…It would be great to have some kind of digital archive perhaps not even of just of the Chairman’s awards but the could certianly be a part of it. But it could be a digital repository of Digital pictures, videos, animations, files, etc. I would spearhead the effort myself if I had A) Alot more time (dam college…j/k) and a lot more computing hardware.

-Justin

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks, Analog Devices.

Posted on 8/26/2000 11:30 PM MST

In Reply to: Digital Archive posted by Justin on 8/15/2000 9:36 PM MST:

Hmmm…running the risk that this post is already too buried for anyone to read…

A ‘Digital repository’ of team pictures, animations, etc. was thought up by Anthony Xu, the webmaster from Team 188, Woburn Robotics. Though I haven’t spoken to him in a while, I know that he hoped to get other teams to join in a venture to make a FIRST multimedia sharing site. My best advice to anyone interested is to email him at [email protected]

Lora

Posted by Erin.

Student on team #1, The Juggernauts, from Oakland Technical Center-Northeast Campus and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 8/13/2000 5:54 PM MST

In Reply to: Chairman’s Award - any submissions available online? posted by colleen on 8/12/2000 9:45 PM MST:

: Seeing all this talk of Chairman’s, I was wondering if anyone had their submissions up on the web somewhere that people could look at…

: PLEASE post a link on this thread if you do…

HEY COLL-

we have a really fun and long one where i successfully make a fool out of myself for the sake of my team about 15 times along with others (as well as my commentary throughout). it also has some pretty cool music and video shots. if you are REEEEALLLY interested, i will get it up on the computer to you or even send u a copy :slight_smile:

its was all done VCR TO VCR no editing machines or software included!! but it turned out wonderful

-erin