championship divisions?

when do the lists for divisions come out

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

In 2002 through 2004 the divisions were released the Tuesday 9 days before the beginning of the championship. That ended up ranging anywhere from before the last regional ended (2003) to 10 days after the last regional ended (2002).

In 2005, the divisions were released on a Monday, 10 days before the beginning of the championship (9 days after the end of the last regionals).

In 2006, the divisions were released on a Friday, 13 days before the beginning of the championship (13 days after the end of the last regionals).

In 2007-2009, the divisions were released on a Wednesday, 8 days before the beginning of the championship (3-4 days after the end of the last regionals).

In 2010, the divisions were released on a Thursday, 7 days before the beginning of the championship (4 days after the end of the last regionals)

In 2011, the divisions were released on a Friday, 13 days before the beginning of the championship (6 days after the end of the last regionals)

In 2012, the divisions were released on a Wednesday, 8 days before the beginning of the championship (4 days after the end of the Michigan and MAR championships).

I’m going to go through at least 3 keyboards this week.

Once your F5 key wears out, just replace it with a different F key!

Why? By hitting F5, or because you sprayed some drink across it when you laughed after seeing 148’s web page?

True, it’s not like I ever use F6 anyway.

F5.

For curiosity, what was different about 2011 that let them do them so much earlier?

Registration for Champs closes at 9:00 AM tuesday. So I would expect tuesday afternoon to wednesday night.

Source: http://www.firstinmichigan.org/FRC_2013/2013_Rules_Supplement.pdf

That is for the state championship (MSC).

The last page states that teams that qualify from Michigan must register at the aforementioned time.

Regardless of the document, registration for St. Louis CMP closes the Tuesday after the event you qualify in. I’d factor in one more day for teams that get in off the wait list or a ranking team that qualifies from Michigan due to another team that does qualify choosing not to go.

The email we got from FIRST 2 hours ago says we have until Tuesday at 5:00PM.

Ok, I was just going off of what I saw. I would guess that means at least midday wednesday for a list then.

Championship moved a week later that year and there was no Week 7, which game teams an extra week to prepare.

Since I cache all the results locally to reduce the number of times I need to query the FIRST website, I added a new feature this year. Once the divisions are released, it will display the team lists for each of the divisions like this (screenshot uses 2012 team lists). The team numbers will be links to The Blue Alliance pages.

http://aredivisionsoutyet.com/are-divisions-out-yet.png](http://aredivisionsoutyet.com/)

How are divisions determined? Is it random?

I am 99.99999999% sure divisions are random

Nobody really knows. Used to be fairly simple: sort the teams by number, then every fourth one is in the same division (1, 5, 9 in Archimedes, for example). A few years ago, they scrambled it so well that nobody could predict the divisions. And nobody’s stepped up and said they’ve figured out the divisions before they were released since then.

Seems like random assignment. (Though it seems that 1986, Team Titanium, is tied to the Curie Curse :rolleyes:)