Check out Team 33 "Killer Bees" Web Award submission

Well, now we’re all finished with submitting the Web Award!

Come check us out at: http://www.killerbees33.com!
We’ve got some cool stuff such as:

• Knowledge Base for new teams (not real full but it’s got some good info in there)
  • Forums (with avatars and sigs, of course!)
  • Private Messages
  • Image Galleries
    And more!

Check us out and let us know what you think!

Pulling off a black background is tough to do.

You have quite a bit of HTML errors you should fix up, otherwise it will prevent the website looking at it’s full potential.

Also, please insert line breaks in your source code; it makes it easier for us web-techs to read to help you. (In PHP statements, use
for line breaks in the code output)

I noticed that your “Recent threads” in your navigation is quite buggy (duplicate threads listed, anyone?) If you need help sorting that out, please contact me, I’d love to help.

On a last note, avoid breaking links; for example “What is FIRST?” What is and** FIRST** are coded as seperate links, but they but link to the same page. This can cause confusion (i had to mouse over both link several times to see if there was a URL difference)

Other than that, your site is off to a great start.

Jonathan

Does the ypsilanti regional start ant midnight that day cause if it does i need to leave early to get a parking spot and start working on things

Actually we don’t write HTML code - the HTML is auto-generated “on the fly” by the server from pseudocode. It’s called bitweaver - it auto-links all our articles and stuff so we don’t get URLs messed up. It does other stuff, too, like giving all our pages a common theme and layout, among lots of other things. I know it’s not hard to make links, but when you’ve got hundreds of pages (did I mention you can create personal pages?) typos are really easy to make, and checking links can take forever.

I noticed that your “Recent threads” in your navigation is quite buggy (duplicate threads listed, anyone?) If you need help sorting that out, please contact me, I’d love to help.

I’ll take a look into that, but I’m pretty sure what you’re talking about isn’t a bug. The thing on the side is supposed to show new posts, not new threads (ie, for each reply in a new thread there should be another item on the list - although maybe it would be better the other way. . .)

On a last note, avoid breaking links; for example “What is FIRST?” What is and** FIRST** are coded as seperate links, but they but link to the same page. This can cause confusion (i had to mouse over both link several times to see if there was a URL difference)

Like I said, the server auto-generates HTML from pseudocode “on the fly”. It’s having trouble because “FIRST” is usually used as a keyword to tell it to auto-link to www.usfirst.org - not sure how to get around that but we’ll check it out.

IDK but we’ve got it marked as starting at 7am. Not 100% sure that’s really when it starts, though - we kinda took a guess at when it started.