check out this pic...

Posted by Anton Abaya.

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from BC High / UMass Boston and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks.

Posted on 2/27/2000 2:26 PM MST

RAMBOTS robot from the inside of our ball chute to the bottom.

http://rambots.com/robot/DCP01714.JPG

btw, the HAPPY face ball is a FIRST so far. It’s has also been a trademark with the robot. We’re going to have a nice surpise when we get down to regionals and FLORIDA. see ya there.

ANTON ABAYA
RAMBOTS, #419

Posted by Raul.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

Posted on 2/27/2000 7:27 PM MST

In Reply to: check out this pic… posted by Anton Abaya on 2/27/2000 2:26 PM MST:

This is a cool picture, but perplexing. Can you explain how the the balls get conveyed along this shute? I don’t see any roller or belts or pistons. All I see is little roller to eliminate friction and allow the ball to move smoothly.

Maybe you use vibrations to create a wave that propagates and moves the ball along? How does it work???

Raul

Posted by Justin Stiltner.

Student on team #388, Epsilon, from Grundy High School and NASA, American Electric Power, Town of Grundy.

Posted on 2/27/2000 9:17 PM MST

In Reply to: How does it work? posted by Raul on 2/27/2000 7:27 PM MST:

I think that they use a column of air spinning at a high rate of speed but rising very slowly to levate the ball and then they use a blast of sound from a severly overloaded motor to nudge the ball out of the air stream and into the goal.

or maby they just us the anti gravity pads that our team uses.
hehe lol

Justin Stiltner
Team 388