Chezy Champs 2022

Good Morning!

We’re excited to announce that team applications for Chezy Champs 2022 are now open! This will be an off-season FRC tournament and we will be playing the 2022 FRC game, with some modifications (TBD). As in past years, the focus of the event is on the team experience and we hope teams will have a great time while enjoying an entertaining show.

What: Chezy Champs 2022 Off-Season FRC Tournament
When: Saturday & Sunday, September 24-25, 2022 (With Friday Night Load-In)
Where: Bellarmine College Prep, San Jose, California

Applications
Fill out this application form. Team selections will be made based on criteria that include competitiveness, locality, and other factors. Applications after May 27 will be placed on a wait list in case we have room or dropouts.

Timeline
Applications Open May 2
Applications Due May 27
Invitations Sent by Mid-June
Payment Due in July

Volunteer applications will be announced at a later date. More information is available on the event website. Reach out via email to chezychamps at team254 dotcom with any questions.

Best,

Team 254

53 Likes

Has this always been a thing? Never noticed it before.

4 Likes

Field-side pits have been a thing since the original Chezy Champs 2014. Prices did increase this year for the first time since 2014 due to increases in the costs related to putting on the event.

11 Likes

So excited for CC this year - and for the first time, I hope to find myself on the other side of the glass. Either way I’m excited for another year of the Best in the West™!

8 Likes

Can one of the modifications be allowing overtime climbs? We all want to see them and I know at least Code Orange has a working one.

15 Likes

You know it’s real when the off-season event has to have their own revised Q&A.

15 Likes

We have plans to gather community feedback on possible rule changes for CC2022. Stay tuned for a separate Chief Delphi thread on that topic.

2 Likes

Friendly reminder that applications close on May 27 (at 11:59pm PDT, for those counting the minutes). Teams who have submitted applications at this point should have received confirmation emails - if you did not receive one, please reach out via email.

Any late applications will be placed on the wait list.

7 Likes

Any idea when volunteer sign-up will be open?

Around the time that team invitations are sent.

2 Likes

One day left to apply! Applications are due at 11:59pm PDT tomorrow, 5/27/2022.

4 Likes

This year, Chezy Champs received an impressively competitive group of applicants. Invitations were sent to 45 exceptionally qualified teams this morning. Invited teams received the following note:

====================================

Good Morning,

We’re excited to be able to offer your team an invitation to Chezy Champs 2022, happening in September in San Jose, California. This year we had an exceptionally competitive group of applicants and are stoked for an exciting competition in September.

[ team-specific details removed for forum post ]

Payment for the event will be due in July (details to come later).

The event does have a rather sizable wait list. If your team’s situation changes and you are no longer able to attend, please let us know via email as soon as possible so we can relinquish your spot to a team on the wait list.

If you’re interested in seeing who else will be joining us, The Blue Alliance is the home of the up-to-date Chezy Champs 2022 team list.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out via email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Nick
CC2022 Event Director

29 Likes

Here is a link to the team list before the caches clear on the main page.

This event is stacked! Can’t wait to play!

18 Likes

Omg we made it! So excited to be back at chezy this year, can’t wait to see everyone there

9 Likes

19 Out of state teams and 2 from out of country!

11 Likes

Better have good corndogs.
That’s why we signed up. :slightly_smiling_face: :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

This isn’t IRI though

1 Like

Can’t wait, that is an impressive list of teams!

2 Likes

Kind of shocked Team 972 isn’t on the list. I watched their climb at Monterey and it’s amazing. Hopefully they are on the wait-list and have a chance to compete at Chezy. They are definitely a team to watch out for!

2 Likes

Can you message me the correct email to contact you?