Chezy Champs 2024 rule change ideas

Allow shots into speaker from the area between the red and blue wing

That’s already allowed in teleop

1 Like

I confused teleop and auto.
I am really surprised I didn’t see teams try to score from outside their wing in comp.
I thought that was for teleop also

I’d change it so all auto amps were worth 5 points (same as speaker).

edit: combined with the no leave point suggestion possibly.

1 Like

Only call stage fouls for contacting teams at least partially off the ground

So I can ram teams while they’re lining up to climb? No thanks!

5 Likes

even better, allow amplification during auto! speaker notes would then be worth 10!

1 Like

Idk who the “owner” of the game-specific field elements are for CC, but it would be dope if y’all could just modify/replace the problematic parts of the Amps to eliminate the note jamming issue altogether.

5 Likes

It would also be super helpful if CC could announce which batch of notes will be used for the event (soft vs firm notes). Earlier events in the season used the soft notes while later events used firm notes, at least from what I observed in PNW. At Champs, the competition fields used the newer firm notes while the practice fields only had soft notes (this was a bit annoying but better than a mixture of both on the comp fields I guess).

The different density notes behave in noticeably different ways, so knowing which ones to practice/test with ahead of time would be helpful.

13 Likes

Someone would just camp in front of amp and block access to it entirely

4 Likes

Teams did the same thing 2019, I just think it would be interesting to see what happens

In 2019 we didn’t have so many swerve drives that could press one button and become immovable objects. There were also 2 rockets back then…

1 Like

Probably because you’d go all wrecking ball on the field. :laughing:

4 Likes

Fuel only match. Let’s go.

2 Likes

Cries in 321

26 Likes

I guess, but at chezy (where everyone should have a climber), stopping a team from climbing is a worse than climbing yourself in most instances. Contacting might be a better way of phrasing it but the stage fouls are the single worst part of this game and need drastic change if not omission.

Semi-controversial one maybe: G409, part A, remove.

Original:

G409 1 NOTE at a time. In TELEOP, a ROBOT may neither
A. leave its SOURCE ZONE with CONTROL of more than 1 NOTE nor
B. have greater-than-MOMENTARY CONTROL of more than 1 NOTE, either directly or transitively through other objects, while outside their SOURCE ZONE.
Violation: FOUL per additional NOTE, plus YELLOW CARD if excessive.

Revised:

G409 1 NOTE at a time. In TELEOP, a ROBOT may not have greater-than-MOMENTARY CONTROL of more than 1 NOTE, either directly or transitively through other objects, while outside their SOURCE ZONE.
Violation: FOUL per additional NOTE, plus YELLOW CARD if excessive.

There’s a double-foul chance there if you leave the Source with 2 notes, then forget to shed one before the 3-second Momentary allowance. One for leaving, one for greater-than-momentary. Removing the “leave Source” removes one nuisance penalty. There may be an exploit (lots of speed) that allows a team to get in range and fire two at the Speaker; personally I’d say “bring it on”.

Second suggestion for this post:

6.8 Other Logistics
NOTES that leave the FIELD are not returned to game play by FIELD STAFF.

Change to:

6.8 Other Logistics
NOTES that leave the FIELD are returned to game play by FIELD STAFF throwing them into the center of the section they departed from when that section is clear of robots.

(Or other options–Source, for example.) I just think it could be fun to have notes yeeted off the field return for the first bot to spot them. Return spots are near the Podium leg of the stage at each end, or for notes leaving from the middle of the field, center of the field. As near as field staff can toss them of course.

10 Likes

If they’re going to be returned, I’d suggest they all go into the center section of the field. No reason that a team should be rewarded for missing the SPEAKER by having a NOTE returned right back into a prime spot.

Returning missed shots to the SOURCE would be problematic - either you return it to the other alliance, or the volunteer needs to run it all the way down the field to the other SOURCE.

Wherever NOTES might be returned, it could provide some incentive for shooting them out, so violations of G407 would need to be closely monitored.

1 Like
  1. Scoring two notes in the amp during autonomous amplifies the rest of autonomous for the alliance (8 points per speaker note). Rationale - this encourages more alliance coordination in autonomous and more creative autonomous modes.

2. Scoring additional notes in the amp during the amplification period allows you to extend the amplification period. Every two notes extends the time 10 seconds and allows an additional 4 amplified notes. Unused amp shots scored in the amplification period will bank towards the next amplification period.

3. Each climb is worth 5 points. Each trap is worth 8 points. A harmony gives you an additional 5 points. Spotlighting doubles the points scored on that side of the stage. Keep the RP threshold the same. Make endgame matter again.

2 Likes

I think without the 4 note limit, you bring back 2018 PowerUp runaway time. Although not as drastic. Forcing those amp cycles is part of what makes this game really good strategy and play wise.

It’s cool when all 3 robots are hanging, regardless of whether they are on the same chain. Award a 5 point bonus for 3 bots. and higher bonuses for same chain.