ChiefDelphi Sociological Experiment

Hello,

My name is Adam Garcia, and for my final English project this year I am analyzing various Internet communities, one of which is Chief Delphi.

In order to successfully complete this project, I am reaching out to the ChiefDelphi community. The link below takes you to a Survey that I have put together.

Results and a complete analysis will be available on our project website in the coming weeks:
http://theinternetexperiment.webs.com/

The more data I obtain, the better our results and analysis will become. I feel this will be very interesting to many of the members on this community.

Thanks!

done.

I thinks this was an interesting survey, and it opened up my mind to what CD is really like compared to my idealistic fantasy.

Good luck on your project!

Interesting survey. I’ll definitely want to look at the result when the study is completed. I really think the FIRST style (cooperation, kindness, GP, etc.) plays a huge part in making CD a really excellent online community.

Very interesting. I liked the questions a lot, but it may seem a bit fishy because all of my answers were very positive XD

This is a really neat study, I can’t wait to see the results.

Are you using college confidential as one of your internet community subjects? I seriously recommend using that.

I find it miraculous that this community exists. For those who don’t know, College Confidential is a community dedicated to breaking the rules set by the College Board. Immediately after any AP or SAT test is administered, there are people on College Confidential (which isn’t very confidential) discussing the questions and answers, expressly against the cursive that you signed. I would love to see the results of the study on that website, as well.

^ Very true. There are also many threads where teenagers post their stats (GPA, class rank, SAT scores, etc.) and other teenagers brutally tell them if they can get into certain schools. So productive…and accurate…sarcasm I definitely would like to see these stats.

This was a really interesting survey. I really liked the question about the hierarchy; it made me think a lot. Can’t wait to see the results!

First, I would love to say thank you to all who have participated in this survey. The data is looking better than I would’ve ever expected!

I will be sure to keep everybody updated on my progress throughout this study.

Again, Thanks to all who have participated!

After the long wait, I have finally finished my analysis of the Chief Delphi Community. The results may be found here:

http://theinternetexperiment.webs.com/community1chiefdelphi.htm

Please post your questions, comments and concerns.

Thank you, once again, for all your participation, as each and every survey helped this project become a success.

Can’t say I’m too surprised by much of this, but it’s really great to have at least some data backing up what I’ve thought for a while. Thanks for sharing your results with us! :slight_smile:

Of course, the data is not very surprising to a member of Chief Delphi.

However, to outsiders, this may seem a very interesting find! (I know my teacher was initially shocked to see this). She said that the concept of “Gracious Professionalism” was very shocking, as it is “rare” for high school students to show such professionalism.

Something that us FIRSTers take for granted is actually fairly uncommon to find amongst our peers.