Class of 2020, where are you applying?

Since people are starting to fill out applications, I was wondering where everyone else is applying this year. For those who are currently in college and first alums, feel free to offer advice to others.

My List:
Northeastern
Purdue
Penn state
RPI
WPI
Umass Amherst and Lowell
Uconn
RIT

I plan on studying Computer Science at college

6 Likes

Heh. Nearly the same list
Northeastern
RPI
RIT
WPI
Umass Amherst/Lowell
UNH
Carnegie Mellon
Cornell
Brown
MIT

A few reaches, but there’s no reason not to try. I’m planning to study Electrical Engineering.

We all have some similarities.
RPI
WPI
WIT
RIT
NEIT
UConn
Caltech (shoot for the moon right?)

I’m planning to study Mechanical Engineering.

Hmm.
My list is basically down to these.

Clarkson U
RIT
SUNY Polytechnic (Utica)
U Albany (fee waived so why not)
Western NE
WPI

Pursuing Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering.

Depending on the school, it may be better for me to go CS or ME. WNE told me I would have a better chance of acceptance if CS. I am willing to learn either. Reach school is WPI. Really hoping i can get there.

Good luck to everyone!

For me currently I am going to be apparently to
Kettering
Hope (local college)
Calvin (somewhat local college)
GVSU
The reason for this is all of them have pretty good engineering programs and all are schools that are heavily involved with FIRST (GVSU, Kettering) which I like and hope and calvin I have had family go to and they say they are good schools

1 Like

I have applied to michigan tech and gotten early decision. I plan on applying to LSSU, Kettering, and U of M. Maybe Stanford for the meme of it. Probably mechanical engineering.

2 Likes

If anyone is considering Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, feel free to DM me with any questions. I graduated from there in May.

4 Likes

Some advice:
Do your supplements early. When you do the a few days before the quality is bad because you didn’t put as much time and thought into them. Doing them early gives you time to think about your answer and edit them. Also when you submit in the few days coming up to the deadline Common App has been known to crash because everyone is doing that.

Also prep for your interviews. Look over some standard college interviews questions and generally know you answer before you go in, it’ll make you look better if you’re not coming up with your answer on the fly. Also know some info about the school besides acceptance stats, it shows interest. I went into a couple interviews blind and boy did it not go well.

Also if anyone is applying to University of Waterloo feel free to DM me with any questions.

2 Likes

speaking of essays, anyone here a good essay writer? (that would like to look over some)

Hong Kong:
HKU
CityU

US:
UC’s
USC
U Texas Austin
U Washington
UIUC
Purdue
U Michigan Ann Arbor
Northeastern
U Wisconsin Madison
WPI
NYU
U Mass Amherest

Canada:
UBC
U Toronto

Civil Engineering or B Architecture

3 Likes

my dude calm down geez

lol when everyone here be applying to WPI or RIT

Olin
WPI
MIT
RIT
Yale
CalPoly
BU
Carnegie Mellon
Harvey Mudd
University of Hawaii

Majoring in Mechanical Engineering

1 Like

There are five universities in Canada that have the program that I am looking at (atmospheric science) and they are

Dalhousie
York
UBC
University of Alberta
McGill

So that is the list.

1 Like

Feel free to reach out to me about Brown! The cs dept and school of engineering are pretty wonderful communities here!

I’m looking at going into Graphic Design, meaning i can either go to College for Graphic Design, or go to University and get a BFA.

Universities:
University Of Guelph
Western University
University Of Ottawa

Colleges:
Conestoga College
George Brown College
Algonquin College
Sheridan College
and one other i haven’t figured out yet, haha

Definitely applying to

Purdue
WPI
RIT
UMass Amherst
Virginia Tech
Cu Boulder
Penn State

Might apply to

RPI
Union College
Clarkson
Stony Brook
Santa Clara
Colgate
+A few safeties and like 3 more just random schools

Looking mostly at Data Science / Computer Science / Software engineering majors.

2 Likes

Hey guys!
As always, if you want to know anything about Purdue, from campus life to classes to crafting the perfect application, feel free to reach out! I know the college of science (Math, Bio, computer science, etc.) but have connections all across campus.
Not only do we have amazing engineering and computer science majors, we have one of the best FIRST alumni programs across the country. We support 4 FRC teams, 1 FTC, and over 15 FLL teams. We also host 3 competitions each year across all level of FIRST. It’s amazing fun, and I’m super glad I can choose how committed I get to be without taking away from the rest of my college experience.
Make sure to apply by Nov 1, (or Oct 15 for you procrastinators)! Boiler Up!

3 Likes

If anybody has any questions in regards to Kettering, feel free to DM me! I’m currently a ME, just finished up my first school term, and am currently working.

UPenn
UChicago
UC Berkeley
UCLA
Boston University
UMich
Northwestern
Northeastern
Case Western Reserve
UW-Madison
UDenver

Want to study business/economics/strategic management/organizational leadership

If anyone wants to know more about Penn State, just DM me - I don’t see too many FIRST alum applying here but it’s overall a pretty great school :slight_smile:

1 Like