Class of 2020, where are you applying?

If anyone’s applying to Rose-Hulman, feel free to DM me :slight_smile: there isn’t any supplements and for the 10 or so weeks I’ve been at school, I’ve loved every minute (added bonus that you dive straight into major related courses :blue_heart: )! Anyways if you have any questions about the school or the FIRST community based at the school (the local robotics team works out of the school’s Innovation Center), I’m happy to answer ‘em.

How many schools are ya’ll applying to?

I heard that you can start your list however much you’d like but as the deadlines get closer, you should be having down to 5.

I’ve got 5 that I know i’ll be sending Apps to, and U Albany is there because I had a fee waiver so… why not.

PSA: Make sure you check the FIRST Scholarships to see if you qualify for any!

My list is basically down to:
Northeastern
WPI
RIT
U Portland
OSU
maybe Colorado school of mines
Studying mechanical engineering or business

1 Like

My List is basically down to:
SUNY Alfred
SUNY Cobbilskill
SUNY Delhi
RIT
Maybe SUNY Canton
Hudson Valley CC

Studying electrical/mechanical engineering with a focus in robotics and automation (mechatronics).

This is with computer science as a bottom of the list backup option.

If anyone here’s considering Olin, feel free to shoot me a DM. If y’all are into project based learning, for sure check it out / apply.

Where I’m applying (no significance to order):

MIT (dream school) and Stanford (of course basically zero chance at those), GA Tech (legacy-dad and grandfather), UMD (top CS program, easier chances), UT Austin and UIUC (both have good CS programs), UCLA/Cal/UCSD (also dream schools), NCSU/UNC/UNCC (in state but not where I want to go). My dad wants me to apply to more prestigious schools so I might RD to Duke, CMU, or JHU for that reason, but I’m not that interested in those either.

My current thinking is a major in computer science, but I am also interested in philosophy and maybe linguistics. I want to go to law school after college, most interested in criminal defense or immigration law. But I am probably less certain of my future career goals that the vast majority of posters in this thread.

1 Like

My list:

UW Madison
Stanford
Princeton
MSOE
RPI
WPI
Cornell
University of Chicago
CalTech
MIT

I’m leaning towards majoring in physics, but I may want to major in electrical engineering.

Since I’ve seen it pop up a few times in here (cough cough @itsYoshi @BryceHanson @5kite17), I’d be more than happy to talk to anyone about UW-Madison! I’m a junior majoring in Biology. It’s a great college in a beautiful (and cold) city. Feel free to shoot me a DM if you have any questions!

1 Like

Applying for Mech E but maybe EE or CS.

For sure:
MIT
Georgia tech
UCs
Cal Poly SLO
ASU

Maybe:
University of Michigan
Caltech
Tufts
Hopkins
Case Western
Dartmouth
USC

Mine:
US
WPI
Case Western Reserve
FIT
RIT
Bucknell
Lehigh Uni
Rice (no hope for me)
Union
Texas A&M

Israel: Technion

Aus:
Uni of Sydney
Macquarie Uni

Aerospace Engineering :))

Wichita State
Unfortunately not too many schools in Missouri have environmental engineering, so I’m looking into Civil Engineering Technology since wsu’s course focuses more on the environment.
Also hoping I can work with some BEST teams down there since there’s no FIRST

My GPA & SAT isn’t at the top of the class sadly

I don’t know who told you that, but that seems like a strange recommendation, also a bit lower than I’d be comfortable with. Then again, I applied to 14.

Stanford
MIT
Rice
WashU
UMich
Notre Dame
Purdue
CO School of Mines
Michigan Tech (Accepted Already)
Michigan State

Majoring in most likely Mechanical Engineering, potentially Material Science or something else in that realm.

1 Like

Ive seen Case western pop up in this thread a couple times. If anybody has any questions about the school, id be happy to answer them. Currently a freshmen here, double majoring in computer engineering and system+controls engineering.

@jtrv said something really great in last year’s thread that I want to repost it here. It’s something I’m embracing as I apply to college.

9 Likes

Are you sure you want to go to school in HK right now?

Feel free to message me if you have questions about USC. I’m a mechanical engineering major, but can talk to other people to learn about other majors.

i mean 4253 is from taipei, so I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea.

1 Like